2nd day at 18th century site

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
The land yeilded some awesome finds. The winds blew so hard I couldn't hear the tones anymore so I resorted to the headphones.. hey they keep the little ears warm too. But you can't hear a fellow MDer with those on, although the body language still comes across clear as a bell. When Deeper found the button he looked like a rooster struttin' back and forth, I pretty much knew he'd found something REAL good. He found the front end of a toy car, but I found the roof, so without me he's got a convertable, lol

I turned up a few more miniballs, a couple of them certainly made direct impact with something hard. Also a 1895 penny thats seen better days, the black thing has something melted into it as I can faintly seen a design in it. I dug that up in an area that was driving the detectors crazy, seems we had run into an area 6'x6' that had seen alot of melting, the meters slammed from iron, zinc, silver, gold, all over the scale. Later a buckle with bows on it, (shoe buckle maybe), a thimble, also an old brass window lock. And I think I have enough plow blades and discs to put together a farm implement now, lol.

Happy Hunting guys, just one more dig til you find your next treasure.

Attachments

• 1895 penny.jpg
    1895 penny.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 472
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 472
  • thimble buckle.jpg
    thimble buckle.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 447
  • windowlock.jpg
    windowlock.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Charlene...Those are some nice find ..The Buckle is one that I hav'nt seen and it is very interesting....Nice going and I wish I could get out digging ...Now that the ground is as hard as a rock....Not good here! have to wait for the thaw....Keep posting your finding great stuff.... :o

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics Charlene, my favorite type of detecting. HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow Charlene...Looks like you and Deeper hit a great spot....I am betting this place is going to give you some fantastic finds! We need some pics of that Rooster Strut tho!!! ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds, Charlene. You and Digger are doing a great job...keep it up!

HH :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow some of these guys on the forum have copetition now with you two detecting. WTG HH
Burdie

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to clean up, Charlene. It's great that you found a pre-1900 coin and some interesting relics. :)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice charlene. The bullet to the far left look to be civil war 3 ringer type bullets. I'm guessing .50 calibers but I can't tell. The civil war buffs here would know better. There old though and I know they are civil war era.

I love indians also. That one looks like it's been through some hard times. I have found alot like that. Rims and stuff bent up from tractors and things like that.

Glad to see your getting out and useing the forum more. Looking forward to future post.

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!! Love those relics!

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice relic digs.I like the design of that buckle.Once you get past all that trash you're bound to find some more treasures. Looks like a promising site.Keep at it. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread