Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    us
    Jan 2010
    Virginia
    White's MXT, GPX 4800
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Driveway find, NOT what you might think.

Wettpaint,

Would you mind posting a pic of the back of this buckle?

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Oct 2006
    227 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

us
    Apr 2010

Nice, The little guy should get all the credit of course. Keep on hunting. I mis those days with my little guy who will turn 20 years old soon.

us
    28+ years in this addicting hobby.

Jan 2007
    Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250, ExcaliburII, Tesoro Vaquero, Whites Coinmaster, Tesoro Stingray, Compass Bobcat, Garr
    86 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

that is unreal.... man what a find...kudos to you....

Charter Member
    DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    168 times
    Banner Finds (11)

Quote Originally Posted by wettpaint
    It is an Honor to make the banner. Thank you everyone for your support.

For those who have asked here is a pic of the back of the plate.

I guess I will have to do more hunting to try to top this. I hope my wife understands.

Wettpaint
    Thats a awesome find as I stated above.....Its missing all the lead out of the back though , must've been melted down for bullets....It looks like attachment points were soldered on to the brass at some point AFTER the lead was melted out

us
    Dec 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

Great find, great story, congrats on the find and making the banner
    I HAD RATHER DIG ONE RELIC THAN TEN COINS

us
    Apr 2009
    North Mississippi
    Whites MXT
    1 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by {Sentinel}
    Quote Originally Posted by wettpaint
    It is an Honor to make the banner. Thank you everyone for your support.

For those who have asked here is a pic of the back of the plate.

I guess I will have to do more hunting to try to top this. I hope my wife understands.

Wettpaint
    Thats a awesome find as I stated above.....Its missing all the lead out of the back though , must've been melted down for bullets....It looks like attachment points were soldered on to the brass at some point AFTER the lead was melted out
    Sentinel from what I can find they were made like this, I thought that they would be lead filled too. Here is a link to the one I think I have. http://www.relicman.com/plates/P0626.htm

Thanks to everyone for their support.

What is the best way to preserve and protect a buckle?

us
    Apr 2010
    in a house
    tesoro umax II fisher f 70

mail it to me i'll put it in my display case and taa daa its done j/j super sweet buy the kid some candy for his help

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    16 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Banner for sure, Fantastic find!!! Congrats!!

HH, Ringfinder
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

Sep 2007
    Jacksonville N.C.
    Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
    8 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Sweet!

us
    May 2010

Awesome find..congratulations.

I'm going CW relic hunting tomorrow in Richmond, Va. I have access to several hundred acres with two CW forts on the property and several battles were faught on and directly around the property. Some of the property is posted by the NPS but not much. The sad part is that there is a large field in the center of this area (about 75 acres) where some of the Confederate camps would have been. The field was mined for gravel a few years ago and so I always wonder how many relics ended up in people's driveways..I still find bullets, buttons, and cannonball shot in the field but I can't help but wonder what was taken away in dumptrucks..sad..

There are still cannon emplacements and trenches all over the property, really great place to MD

Take care,
    Rob

us
    Apr 2009
    North Mississippi
    Whites MXT
    1 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by joefriday22
    Awesome find..congratulations.

I'm going CW relic hunting tomorrow in Richmond, Va. I have access to several hundred acres with two CW forts on the property and several battles were faught on and directly around the property. Some of the property is posted by the NPS but not much. The sad part is that there is a large field in the center of this area (about 75 acres) where some of the Confederate camps would have been. The field was mined for gravel a few years ago and so I always wonder how many relics ended up in people's driveways..I still find bullets, buttons, and cannonball shot in the field but I can't help but wonder what was taken away in dumptrucks..sad..

There are still cannon emplacements and trenches all over the property, really great place to MD

Take care,
    Rob
    Thanks Rob...

If it was mined according to regulations the topsoil & overburden, the undesireable material above the gravel, should be on site somewhere, depending on how deep they had to go to get the gravel. Usually when gravel/sand or even dirt is excavated to be used offsite the topsoil & overburden is required to be kept and put back when the construction activities are finished. It might be worth it to look for the piles if they are noticeable. If it is an actual gravel "pit" then that might not be the case because a lot of times they will be turned into a lake or pond.

This weekend I am hunting a spot that will be used for a borrow pit for a construction project. I am hoping to get there before they disturb anything. I will hit it again after they stockpile the material just to see what they stirred up, and hopefully again after they spread the material back out. You never know what might get turned up.

Good luck with your spot
    Wettpaint

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors