monday finds

bjblas

Jan 22, 2006
missouri
went to two sights first sight is a old united states quartermaster marine corp sight its a farmers field now they must have bull dozed all the buildings down but the places is littered with lots of metal and glass and i started to find lots of spoons and forks all with the U.S on the handles wonder why the threw them out must have found 30 or so of these in one small area . did find one wheat a1927D and a lucky star token with ormsbeechesterfieldmo on it in one line. a dog tag James e miller T43.44 o p the T43.44 i guess is the time he was in and the O,P is his blood type it has numbers on it that might be his S.S # but it only has 8 numbers is there a web sight that i might find out who this guy was be neat to find out a little about him . then next sight was the small civil war fort found two full buttons and a backing of one found them not more than 6 in apart 3rd full button so far at this place need to spend more time here might be a few coins there. thanks bjb happy hunting

Attachments

• dog tag.jpg
    dog tag.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 367
  • forks and spoons.jpg
    forks and spoons.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 404
  • two button.jpg
    two button.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Looks like you have found a fantastic dig site! Keep us posted on your finds! Do you have any history on the site...when it was in operation,closed,etc????

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice, Looks like a good site to hunt.

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds BJ! Love that token!

;)

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome relics, sounds like you have some great sites to hunt right now....that token looks identical to the good luck token that I found last weekend at an old homesite

here's a pic

Attachments

• feb_26_finds (Medium).jpg
    feb_26_finds (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 232
  • feb_26_finds (Medium).jpg
    feb_26_finds (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 229
J

jgpreston

Neat finds bjblas. Wouldn't it be great to find out about that dog tags owner. Wonder if he survived the war? I think the Department of Defense can help with that. Not certain how the process works though. Good Luck and HH that site. Wish I was in your shoes on that one!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BJ,

Nice finds...good site to hunt.

HH :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look's like you'll have your hand's full for a while bjblas.Get out as often as you can before everything get's grown over...great find's and keep us posted.HH!! and enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread