WORLD WAR II RELICS ON BELGIAN BEACHES........

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
This is what I found without being on the look out for them. Hard to believe that 60 years after the war there are still bullet casings on beaches were every single year THOUSANDS of people are... Don't they pick up ANYTHING, lol ???

I hope you like the sight of this ? When I started MD in August 2005 I gave most of those bullets to boys on the beach since they had never SEEN this before...

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

ImgFree.net - Hosting Images

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
nhbenz said:
Nice lot Bob! Have IDed the button? -Ben

Hello nhbenz !

All I am able to read on that button is "VILLE DE LIEGE". I think it should be cleaned to ID it.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Daryl Friesen said:
Hello,

That is a great find. I love any relics connected to World War II. I would love to get to Europe or to the Pacific someday to hunt some of the old battle sites. Thanks for sharing the photos and keep hunting.

Daryl Friesen
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/returnb25.html

Well, Daryl,

Those bullet casings were all over my desk here, since a few days/weeks. But since so many like relic ?nd since I didn't hunt yesterday, I thought : "Why not make a picture of "the lot" and post it ?"

I am always surprised so many things still can be found, so many years after the war ON BEACHES WHERE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EVERY SINGLY YEAR DURING 60 YEARS. Does nobody pick things up, then ? I remember, when I was a kid, we sometimes came home with HUNDREDS of bullets we found in bunkers, with "egg grenades", with obusses, etc. When you think of it now : how dangerous, how STUPID.

BOB VALDEZ

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
FOUND SOME BULLET CASINGS, AGAIN !

rtde3 said:
Nice finds! I also like WW2 stuff & would love to hunt a place like that. Keep it up!

Was working on a beach in NIEUWPOORT. Found 3 bullets casings again. One was just on top of the sand. Nobody had noticed it. Well, have a look at my new post MUST HAVE BEEN AN ELEPHANT, NO ?

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
well, I am doing my best...

Southcacalaky said:
As long as you keep finding them , you will be the one who cleans the beach, Thanks, HH Art...

... but there is a lot to be done, Southcacalaky !

Hahahaha :P

BOB VALDEZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread