Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the far side of the woods today for a short hunt amazing how a few hundred yards can be such a change in time from yesterdays finds my first find was a huge horse tack buckle ? i never seen one that big before it cleaned up good and still works and there is some silver splash on it :headbang: my next find was a 1876 seated dime about 5 inches deep that was a surprise no mint mark and a few relics not sure what the copper plate thing is ? but it has a nice green patina, a really hard copper wire i cant even bend it :icon_scratch: and iam no slouch and i think my best find was this Plume & Atwood Co oil lamp with out the milk glass light from the mid 1860,s, last of all on my way out of the woods i was swinging the MD and got another silver signal 6 inches deep almost near the highway it was a 1963 silver quarter in fantastic shape :hello2: Enjoy the pics Good hunting Dd60

Attachments

• 1800,s oil lamp Plume & Atwood Co.jpg
    1800,s oil lamp Plume & Atwood Co.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 584
  • old woods finds day 2.jpg
    old woods finds day 2.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 591
  • old woods finds day 2 cleaned.jpg
    old woods finds day 2 cleaned.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 586
  • old woods finds day 2 silver.jpg
    old woods finds day 2 silver.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: Day 2 in the old woods No buttons or KG today 2 silver and some nice old rel

Looks like you hold true to ur name.. Keep digging deep and bringin home the good stuff (seated) :headbang:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Day 2 in the old woods No buttons or KG today 2 silver and some nice old rel

sweet dime. love those seateds!

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
Looks like you hold true to ur name.. Keep digging deep and bringin home the good stuff (seated) :headbang:
Its strange you hunt one end of the woods your in colonial times the other end CW times ill take both :laughing7: Dd60

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking silvers Deepdigger! Cant believe those old oil lamps are in that kind of condition. Nice saves! :thumbsup:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes you have more of a time mix today but still you made some nice finds ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Nice looking silvers Deepdigger! Cant believe those old oil lamps are in that kind of condition. Nice saves! :thumbsup:
I wish i had those lamps my mistake i should of explained the pic better i only found the copper wick part of the lamp that's a picture from a site of what the whole lamp looks like made by that company sorry about that

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day of digs! Lovin that SEATED!! Congrats DD :icon_thumleft: :wink:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Some cool stuff. That wire might be copper coated steel. That may be why you can't bend it. If it's not that you need to get in shape :laughing7:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Some cool stuff. That wire might be copper coated steel. That may be why you can't bend it. If it's not that you need to get in shape :laughing7:
I unload 51 foot tractor trailers full of food everyday when i say that wire is hard believe me its hard to bend !! must be some kind of super steel :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread