Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! Got up early and headed for the Nantahala river. Land of the mid-day sun in cherokee language. Kayaking and rafting here are bigtime. At the end of the run is a great place to hunt. River hunting is not for everyone. Being physically fit and a good swimmer is a must. I wear insulated leg waders with felt bottoms (keeps you from slipping) and double socks. The water temp is 45 to 50 degrees. I arrive about daybreak which gives me a 3 to 4 hr window to hunt. I say this because they release the water from the damn further upstream around 8 to 9 am and it takes 2 1/2 hrs to rush to the end. And when it gets there you better be ready or it will take you away. I have'nt got any pics because in my haste this morn I forgot it. I started finding the usual sunglasses (which i probably found 10 pairs of) pulltabs and foil. Now when I am in the river I hunt at 1 1/2 disc and dig everthing to see what it is. The first item was the gerber knife ( the locking mechanism was broke) then the H1 spyderco knife. I looked this up and it sells for around $65.00 and is just about brand new. Then came the white gold wedding band and my day was made. Not twenty minutes later the water came and hunting was ended. Next week the seasons starts for another river and I will be hitting it hard!! Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 772
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 767
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 766
Upvote 0

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
Nice finds! Glad to see someone in the NC mountains taking advantage of the tourist traffic! :thumbsup:

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! A friend and I do that here. Water temp is a lot warmer but the river is to high to do any good yet...d2

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with the warmer weather coming those river rats will be leaving ya more gold, careful out there, if you hear banjos in the woods, you better run!!! :laughing7: nice diggs........

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Good knives. Not that the gold is chump chnage, but I like the knives!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions