Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1802 Copper from Early Home Site

Hey T-Net It has been awhile . Revisited the old colonial home site at the farm today . House is long gone ,but part of the foundation still exists . Dug a few buttons , door handle , two lead seals , a copper band , iron hinge and plate , hatchet head , a few dozen shot gun , shell tops ,an 1802 draped bust cent " fine detail on this one " , a 1907 barber dime " recent drop from 100 years ago " , a :icon_scratch: mystery coin :dontknow: lots of shards and bottle top .The day ended with a large snake wrapped in my coil. :laughing7: Never saw anything like it ..slithered up to me and I nudged the darn thing and it tangled around the coil .. ;D I left my camera ,in the truck , that would have been the best shot . Fun day . Thats for taking a look . 8) CMDdawg

Attachments

• 100_2069.jpg
    100_2069.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 100_2089.jpg
    100_2089.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 100_2086.jpg
    100_2086.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 100_2074.jpg
    100_2074.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 100_2083.jpg
    100_2083.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 100_2087.jpg
    100_2087.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 100_2106.jpg
    100_2106.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 100_2130.jpg
    100_2130.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 978
  • 100_2137.jpg
    100_2137.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 983
  • lest be forgotten.jpg
    lest be forgotten.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1802 Copper from Early Home Site

CRUSADER said:
nice copper :icon_thumright:

The 8 sided 'button' is half of a circa 1800 cufflink
1800 cufflink, makes more sense than an octagon button :laughing7: Thanks for the ID CRUSADER
allen said:
looks like a great site to really hit hard !
Thanks allen ..How are U doin' ???
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Gotta love the Draped Bust :headbang:

I have two coppers that will never get an ID. I like them because it is always neat to try "one more time" for the ID. Maybe some day I will figure them out :dontknow:

VPR
Thanks VPR :icon_pirat: this coin is an odd one ..even the metal content is weird ..part copper ..part :dontknow:
Dman said:
Nice finds
Thanks Dman :icon_pirat: Thanks , Sky :icon_pirat: Thanks to all who stopped in :thumbsup: CMDdawg

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Draped Bust!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't complain about that outing DAWG :icon_thumright: A Draped bust is always an eye opener in the field ! Mystery coin is toast ! I like the button ! MaineRelic

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Wow, congrats on some nice finds ! That LC is sweet ! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The Diggity Dawg is rocking the SJ soil! :headbang: :notworthy:

Kirk

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MaineRelic said:
Can't complain about that outing DAWG :icon_thumright: A Draped bust is always an eye opener in the field ! Mystery coin is toast ! I like the button ! MaineRelic
Thanks MaineRelic ..the Draped bust give me chills when dug :headbang: a Draped silver has dodged my coil so far this year ::) makes me search even harder when I find a draped ..it's big brother might be nearby!!!! As far as the mystery coin ..toast ..stick a fork in it ...it's cooked :P The octagon button is actually a half of old cuff links ..ID'ed by CRUSADER yesterday
Sniffy said:
Nice Draped Bust!
Thanks , Sniffy ..U know the feeling when a DrBust LC pops up , and it has detail :headbang:
TommNJ said:
Wow, congrats on some nice finds ! That LC is sweet ! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ
Thanks ,TommNJ What's been happen' up the road ???
Kirk PA said:
The Diggity Dawg is rocking the SJ soil! :headbang: :notworthy:

Kirk
Hey Kirk :laughing7: Thanks rascal :sign13: hit the Hick Outpost ..then check out SE of Gettysburg ;D Time for KKC to get down and dirty , roadtrip 8) :headbang: CMDdawg

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very nice digs :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Unknown coin may be a large cent or half cent. Can see part of a wreath. Need to see photos of both sides for better identification.

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

"Thanks ,TommNJ What's been happen' up the road ?"

I don't get out as much as I'd like :'( . But I have been trying to find some new spots when I can, Although not as nice and old as your finds :headbang: I'm starting to find some keepers, probably post some finds at the end of week when I have the time. Thanks for asking & HH !

TommNJ

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr Tuff said:
very nice digs :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
Thanks Mr. Tuff
Tuberale said:
Unknown coin may be a large cent or half cent. Can see part of a wreath. Need to see photos of both sides for better identification.
Extra crispy and reclaimed by Mother Nature ..but Thanks
TommNJ said:
"Thanks ,TommNJ What's been happen' up the road ?"

I don't get out as much as I'd like :'( . But I have been trying to find some new spots when I can, Although not as nice and old as your finds :headbang: I'm starting to find some keepers, probably post some finds at the end of week when I have the time. Thanks for asking & HH !

TommNJ
Best of luck with the new spots and looking forward to some nice finds from U ..Tuesday night got stormy here :icon_shaking2:.. glad all is well :icon_sunny:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey guy, great finds!!! Wish you would have gotten a pic of the snake.
It's getting snake season in Korea, and I have had the impression that, sometimes when the
power of the detector is on, they get a buzz from it. (You know, putting a rod into a wet lawn, and
watching the worms jump up out of the ground.) I wonder if the snakes are somewhat affected by
the signal going into the ground? Just thinking out loud. Have some more great hunts!!! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

The Jersey Diggity Dawg Dawgy rocks the soil on every trip! I love the largie!

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE

Very nice finds :icon_thumright: I've got an impression that beepers tend to P.O. many critters, especially when larger coils are used. Last year I had 1 snake attack and this year 1 dog attack, both while detecting. Without my beeper, snakes and dogs just ignore me :-[

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4-H said:
My kind of finds!!! :hello2:

Nice saves
Thanks 4-H
hikeinmts said:
Hey guy, great finds!!! Wish you would have gotten a pic of the snake.
It's getting snake season in Korea, and I have had the impression that, sometimes when the
power of the detector is on, they get a buzz from it. (You know, putting a rod into a wet lawn, and
watching the worms jump up out of the ground.) I wonder if the snakes are somewhat affected by
the signal going into the ground? Just thinking out loud. Have some more great hunts!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks hikeinmts metal detectors can provoke underground varmits into aggression or the MD's annoy them and the putting rod into a wet lawn theory is very interesting analogy ..if U remember I drove a ground hog out of his hole recently , it was strange , as well Hmmm , a buzz :icon_scratch: 8) Concerned about relations with the North Korea.. over ??? beware and take care. Thanks , hike :read2: CMDdawg
KylePA said:
The Jersey Diggity Dawg Dawgy rocks the soil on every trip! I love the largie!
U have to hope and pray this time of year :icon_scratch: twice the time ,half the finds :dontknow: In like a Semi- skunk funk ..unlike a few still rolling. Still a good time when one comes along with a decent date !! Thanks ,Kyle from diggity ,deputy .poopin ,scoopin ,dawg :tongue3:
Zarlon said:
Great finds. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Zarlon :icon_pirat: Cmddawg
tuatara said:
Very nice finds :icon_thumright: :-[
tuatara said:
Very nice finds :icon_thumright: I've got an impression that beepers tend to P.O. many critters, especially when larger coils are used. Last year I had 1 snake attack and this year 1 dog attack, both while detecting. Without my beeper, snakes and dogs just ignore me :-[
U 2 !!! The snake was all over my coil like a bad dream !! I do like the baby snakes that were nearby ! I tend to pi$$ of f a lot of them ,critters , just by showing up in their turf ..I can tolerate them but they have a problem with me & the detector >:( :icon_scratch: if they keep it up there will be some fuzz flyin' :o :o Thanks tuatara :icon_pirat: CMDdawg

Attachments

• 100_1580.jpg
    100_1580.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_1580.jpg
    100_1580.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 195
  • water snake.jpg
    water snake.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 162

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread