Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Went to the river yesterday and could'nt believe my eyes. The season has started! Got in at one of my favorite sections of the river and did my tic tac manuver. In 30 minutes I had the 14k wb,a little further and up pops the class ring. Next came the big shiny one but I think its stainless steel,no marks just a triangle with an m in it and china below. Mood ring came up next (crap) and as I was making my way up river eyeballed the Kershaw knife designed by Ken Onion. Dont no the price because I could'nt find this design. It does have a life time guarantee! I headed up river to a spot where they load into the river and scored the 10k in 5 minutes. The Robertstown court house I thought you would find interresting and in that grass area in front I have pulled 3 mercs on a past hunt. Had a great day and with the gold that i have found its already payed for my tiger shark. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 946
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 948
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 941
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice rings .....congrats !! :thumbsup:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, great going! Were you in the river and how deep or what? Inquiring minds NEED to know...lol

SKD

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Great, great going! Were you in the river and how deep or what? Inquiring minds NEED to know...lol

SKD
I where insulated leg waders and get right out there with them, sometimes even playing bumper tube. Water is from ankle to waiste deep. I carry a wonder bar for digging which is what i use exclusively anyway. Prying and extracting the rocks is a job in itself! Believe me i am working for this out there boys and girls!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectahead said:
SoreKneesDayton said:

SKD
I where insulated leg waders and get right out there with them, sometimes even playing bumper tube. Water is from ankle to waiste deep. I carry a wonder bar for digging which is what i use exclusively anyway. Prying and extracting the rocks is a job in itself! Believe me i am working for this out there boys and girls!
Thanks Is that a pry bar you are using and is it a short one 10-12"?

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
detectahead said:
SoreKneesDayton said:

SKD

So what exactly is a wonder bar? A pry bar to move some stuff around and then you just reach down there and grab the stuff out? or do you use a different scoop after you move heavy rocks around with your wonder bar? Just curious as how you go about detecting a river like that. We have a place a lot like that in WI where people tube down for miles and just get drunk and float haha. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Nice score on the rings detectahead :headbang:

What is your trash to good finds ratio like :icon_scratch:

HH,
Brian

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that would belong to the DNR archaeologist here in Wis. They're 'historic relics" and so must be left for him only!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread