My First Cache In NW Ohio this year

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High guys, well it isn't much of a cache but it is one. My buddy and I were hunting an old school house site yesterday after work. We had found a few items in the side yard including a couple of broken spurs, an old toy car with rubber tires, a few Wheaties and lots of new money. There is someone living at this location and we asked for permission to hunt his yard. He said that no one had ever asked or hunted this site. WOWOWOWOW! We headed for the south side of the school where no new dirt had been filled in and the fun started. One of the holes I dug, I found 1 wheatie, then checking the hole again ( as I know everyone on here always does, yeah right), I found another and another and another and when I was all done I dug up 8 Wheaties and on Rosy silver dime. After filling in the hole I checked the area again and low and behold right beside the whole I had dug all the coins out of was a Quarter reading on my Whites XLT and sure enough it was a Quarter. So I guess you could say this is my first Cache of the year. Besides all of this for the two hours we hunted, I found 19 Wheaties, 2 Indian Head pennies, 2 silver dimes, 1 quarter, a toy car, a 1956 dog tag, a Lutheran Secret Society pin, and a few new coins. My buddy using my ACE 250 found 3 Indian Head pennies and 3 Wheaties and several new quarters and other coins. He also found a really neat token. The writing on it says Founders Week, Philadelphia. I'm hoping to add a photo of these items on here. Happy hunting guys, ringfinder

Attachments

• First Cache of the Year.jpg
    First Cache of the Year.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 674
  • Nice Mercury.jpg
    Nice Mercury.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Philly Badge.jpg
    Philly Badge.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Very nice! man, I bet you are excited.... probably chomping at the bit to get back, eh? Best of luck, and next time don't post any twentieth century stuff, OK? :D ;)

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;DAwesome finds. If the ground up here thaws I'll be out there digging it up also. >:(

N

NLINE SIXX

Some very nice finds there Ringfinder I would be very proud to fine. I have a old school site I have my eye on and will try to get permission to hunt it. I would be satisfied with just half the finds you found. ;D HH!

NL6

R

rb

Man that site is a potential gold mine... lol Keep up the good work and keep us posted. HH RB

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Very nice!! I hope you plan on another visit there. WTG!! HH

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Great finds!!! I found a dog license from that same year a few months ago.
That site seems like fantasy land. Clean it out!! ;)

Attachments

• Dog license 1956sm.jpg
    Dog license 1956sm.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 589

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shape of that Founder's Day token reminds me of a Rotary Club pin. Great finds. Monty

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
sounds like a promising site!
my only "cache" this Milllenium was 7 copper pennies out of one hole.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, you bet I'm just waiting for the weather to get warmer
so I can go back to this site. My partner and I will go back and
really hunt this site. We only covered about 1/4 of the site, so am
expecting more great finds at this place. I am also giving the owner
a inclosed Indian Head Penny I found on the site. I always like to give
something back to the owner, always good PR. and usually they always
come up with another great place to hunt. HH guys and thanks for
all the comments. Hope I can figure out what that token is, bye for
now, Ringfinder

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Cache,,, ah... what a wonderful word, Gongrats on some great finds, WTG!!!
Love the Founders Week thingy...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Great job there ringfinder!Some very impressive finds.I would say that counts as a cache.Keep up the good work and I hope the weather gets better for you so you can get back there and hit that site again. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread