Newbies first finds

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Newbie's first finds

Nothing cool like what I see people posting but at least I have figured out how to find stuff. My first find was a bottle screw top and the rest was: nail, a piece of rusty metal (about 5 inches long), the metal part of a small gardening hoe, and a metal lid (maybe aluminum).

There's just gotta be something really cool in my yard since this house was built in 1847 and started out a school house. I am so excited I actually found something, though, even if just garbage.

I am also excited I get to post here!!! 8)

Cheryl

Upvote 0

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Re: Newbie's first finds

Welcome aboard Cheryl!

Digg'em all, keep'em some, tis my motto.
Its really hard to pass up any kind of beep. You look at that machine and think..."well I know it indicates the target is trash BUT, aaa, but what kinda trash is it I wonder?" :P
MDing should be considered a conservationist hobby. I carry a trash bag everytime I go out, cleaning up Mother Earth one Dig at a Time!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum!!
Your yard sounds like the perfect spot to practice on!!
Good Luck.

Joe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

hey Cheryl! welcome aboard! there are some really knowlegable people on this forum that are always happy to answer questions and share their experience. that ace you have is a great machine. I'm sure you will be finding a lot more than junk real soon.....and remember.....really really old junk isn't junk......its relics! ;D

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee

Cheryl,
Welcome to the MDer's best forum on the net. I'm new also. You'll really enjoy the advice and encouragement you get from everybody here. Sounds like you've got a perfect place to keep you busy for a while. Good luck! I'll be watching for those old coins that you're going to find.

Smartin

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your yard sounds like a great place to hunt! Good luck and HH, Mike

OP
OP
Cheryl

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Thank you, Monty. I am hoping to get out with my detector tomorrow. I will use the settings you have suggested. I can't wait to see what I can find!

Thanks to all who have welcomed me and Smartin is right I do enjoy the encouragement and advice that I get from this forum.

HH
Cheryl

S

southbound

Welcome to the board! This is a great place for info. Vern :)

OP
OP
Cheryl

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Thank you, Vern.

Cheryl

Top Member Reactions