Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told to take this 1783 GW coin to a professional and have it evaluated and cleaned since it has been unprotected for a very long time at the Estate sale where i payed for it just sitting in a box with other coins ,even cigarette smoke can damage a coin after a long period of time ,he used a very mild non abrasive cleaning oil with a Q-tip for about 20 minutes each q-tip was very dirty after use a lot of settled dirt and what he said could of been fire place smoke really darkened the coin ,he cleaned until desire look with out any damage to it i think it looks good now ,he also gave his professional opinion what the coin could grade and be worth ,since its 1 of 4 different varieties made this being the first (toga without button) and very weakly struck in the legends as just about all of that variety were made he gives it a AU grade maybe 900.00 + and he also told me to get it slabbed .So i think i did pretty good on that deal for 50.00 investment :notworthy: I put a link for that coin and new pictures HH Dd60
http://www.thecoppercorner.com/forsale/gw.html

Attachments

• 1783 GW 1 cent 003.jpg
    1783 GW 1 cent 003.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 942
  • 1783 GW 1 cent cleaned.jpg
    1783 GW 1 cent cleaned.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 997
  • 1783 GW 1 cent 003.jpg
    1783 GW 1 cent 003.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 868
  • 1783 GW 1 cent cleaned.jpg
    1783 GW 1 cent cleaned.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 880
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like you'll get a nice return on your investment if you wish. congrats.
i find that i have less attachment to bought coins than found coins, and thus find it easier to sell them if need be.
look forward to future updates.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
looks like you'll get a nice return on your investment if you wish. congrats.
i find that i have less attachment to bought coins than found coins, and thus find it easier to sell them if need be.
look forward to future updates.
Well sure i would have loved to dig that coin but for the asking price i couldn't resist i think that's my second coin ever payed for and i don't think i will sell it either i wont even sell my pile of common silver hate giving them up Dd60 :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shes a beauty Deepdiger! I wouldnt sell it either. :thumbsup:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To sell, or not to sell.....always your choice. Had I bought it, I would be tempted to sell. But, if I had found it in
the ground, probably wouldn't. (Also, my needs might change, and I might feel "forced" to sell.) Have fun with
your find, whatever you do. And, way to keep a sharp eye out for the rarity. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one for the people who go on and on about never cleaning a coin! I have also cleaned non dug coins on occasion to boost the appeal and value. I bet the sellers would be amazed at the result after I took the grime off.

Even if you have an AU grade there's certainly a difference bewteen the value of a problem free AU grade, and your coin. It's still a great score for $50 and if it were mine it would already be for sale. (I only collect what I dig)

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
There's one for the people who go on and on about never cleaning a coin! I have also cleaned non dug coins on occasion to boost the appeal and value. I bet the sellers would be amazed at the result after I took the grime off.

Even if you have an AU grade there's certainly a difference bewteen the value of a problem free AU grade, and your coin. It's still a great score for $50 and if it were mine it would already be for sale. (I only collect what I dig)
That is my first time using a new Cannon SLR camera my buddy's the coin is a bit darker then the camera made it seem according to Red book 2011 that coin increased in value 25.00 since 2010 edition so it might be worth holding on to for awhile or sell it and get a new MD ? :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:

That is my first time using a new Cannon SLR camera my buddy's the coin is a bit darker then the camera made it seem according to Red book 2011 that coin increased in value 25.00 since 2010 edition so it might be worth holding on to for awhile or sell it and get a new MD ? :laughing7:

But the cost of everything else probably goes up more.... so get the detector now! ;D

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:

But the cost of everything else probably goes up more.... so get the detector now! ;D

yeah, cameras don't find stuff.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, sweet coin man!! :thumbsup:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions