*Scarce Sheldon 63* 1794 Liberty Cap Thicky + King George III Halfpenny

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC got permission to hunt two sites yesterday. The one site we are going to hunt next Saturday. It is a horse pasture and it looks quite promising!

Here is a pic of the field we hunted today! As you can see, it was a beautiful day on the Pennsylvania frontier!

3.jpg

The day started off with us finding another "Hick Outpost," but this one was around the Civil War era. From my research, I knew there was a late 18th century dwelling on this farm, but we just had to find it. Folks, find it we did and the goodies were keeping us giddy for a few hours!

I dug the nice King George III halfpenny not long after finding this early dwelling on the farm! Here it is after retrieving it!

1.jpg

I also dug my first Liberty Cap thicky; it is dated 1794! :headbang: Here are pics of it in the field!

2.jpg

Here are pics of the cleaned up finds for the day! Look closely in the date region of the Liberty Cap, because the date is super clear!

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg

We are looking forward to hunting the new site on Saturday! :headbang:

Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wayda go Kyle!!

KylePA said:
KKC got permission to hunt two sites yesterday. The one site we are going to hunt next Saturday. It is a horse pasture and it looks quite promising!

Here is a pic of the field we hunted today! As you can see, it was a beautiful day on the Pennsylvania frontier!

The day started off with us finding another "Hick Outpost," but this one was around the Civil War era. From my research, I knew there was a late 18th century dwelling on this farm, but we just had to find it. Folks, find it we did and the goodies were keeping us giddy for a few hours!

I dug the nice King George III halfpenny not long after finding this early dwelling on the farm! Here it is after retrieving it!

That's a killer 1794! It's great that you can get out this late in the season and still find colonial relics and coins. I'm done for the season as my last holdout site has now been planted. Good luck to you guys when you get back out to that site again. HH .... Bill

I also dug my first Liberty Cap thicky; it is dated 1794! :headbang: Here are pics of it in the field!

Here are pics of the cleaned up finds for the day! Look closely in the date region of the Liberty Cap, because the date is super clear!

We are looking forward to hunting the new site on Saturday! :headbang:

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
huge congrats on your first liberty cap cent Kyle and on a mighty fine hunt :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang:, my colonial copper diggin colleague . glad to see you guys are back in action again. :thumbsup:

Dan

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what i call some good oldies nice finds :icon_thumleft: and good to see dates keep hitting those fields iam today now i got my allergy's under control :tongue3: Good hunt Dd60

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Thank you for all the very kind replies!

We are looking forward to the new pasture on Saturday. We hope it gives up a copper or two.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see KKC is back. Nice coppers :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Glad I was able to identify which variety of Liberty Cap you found. :thumbsup:
Uncle

Oh come on Chris, that one was easy due to the funky date! ;D :tongue3: (Seriously, nice going, attributing adds to the hobby in my opinion) Have you gotten anywhere with YOUR coin, I don't see enough necessary details to say what it might be, although probably could narrow it down to a few if need be....

Don

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just sitting here on my recliner waiting to leave for the grocery store and I started to smile. I started to think about the crude hewed log cabin that once was erected on that nice plot. Wow, what a site! :hello2:

Kirk

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Nice Liberty Cap !! That is one that is still on my list. I too like the "In the field" pictures!

Thanks for postin' VPR

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job man! That Liberty Cap is high on my wish list!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o

Wow Kyle that scenery shot, you could very well be Hunting in the UK :icon_thumleft: great coin not that I know much about them :P but judging by the replys, it's a gud un :icon_thumleft:

SS

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds in this post are Top Notch. But what I think is even better are the photos! Get's my blood pumping to dig some oldies. Man, it's hot here....ugh! Humid sticky mess. :(

Nice work, guys!

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread