*Scarce Sheldon 63* 1794 Liberty Cap Thicky + King George III Halfpenny

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC got permission to hunt two sites yesterday. The one site we are going to hunt next Saturday. It is a horse pasture and it looks quite promising!

Here is a pic of the field we hunted today! As you can see, it was a beautiful day on the Pennsylvania frontier!

3.jpg

The day started off with us finding another "Hick Outpost," but this one was around the Civil War era. From my research, I knew there was a late 18th century dwelling on this farm, but we just had to find it. Folks, find it we did and the goodies were keeping us giddy for a few hours!

I dug the nice King George III halfpenny not long after finding this early dwelling on the farm! Here it is after retrieving it!

1.jpg

I also dug my first Liberty Cap thicky; it is dated 1794! :headbang: Here are pics of it in the field!

2.jpg

Here are pics of the cleaned up finds for the day! Look closely in the date region of the Liberty Cap, because the date is super clear!

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg

We are looking forward to hunting the new site on Saturday! :headbang:

Upvote 0

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Photos Kyle! You guys are hunting some pretty acreage and those are some dang fine coppers too my friend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They both have that real pretty green patina that you strive for in coppers! CONGRATS and heres :occasion14: :occasion14: to a bunch more before the end of the year! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweeeeeeeet! :hello2: Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread