June 1 + 2 finds (Not much - but never boring!)

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did my usual bike around and look for a decent place to hunt before work the last couple mornings. Ended up hitting the park again as it was not the best weather and wanted to at least find some coins to finance my batteries. LOL

Found the same old pennies, nickels and dimes - with one lonely quarter. Then I had my ears blown off by the decorative brass disc. Looks like it may have been a decoration to some drum or something as the park has an annual May Day ceremony and there was a large drum circle where I was hunting. The clock key was interesting to find. I looked it up and read about the company's history (went out of business in 1929) and thought it neat to be able to research an object's history like that.

Looking forward to some better finds soon. I have some good ideas for my weekend off and hope to make a few good discoveries! :wink:

Attachments

• june 1 and 2 group.jpg
    june 1 and 2 group.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 351
  • brass decoration.jpg
    brass decoration.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 336
  • ansonia clock key.jpg
    ansonia clock key.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt nice old clock key :icon_thumleft: do your self a favor invest in rechargeable batteries :thumbsup: HH Dd60

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
the copper thingy looks old exept for the cord material going threw it. nice clock key! ive got a few. willy

jwelch66

May 4, 2010
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-70 pro Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job !!! That is what is fun about the parks. You never know what you are going to find. I went out today at the same old park and found some surface change and a silver ring. If you have no place to go just keep going back to the same park. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread