OH YA I almost forgot! Battle Field Relic?

Z

ZumbroKid

I found a horse shoe here in Billings. But seeing as I'm so close to The Little Big Horn Battle Field. I was wondering if i market it the right way on EBAY. Might i be able to pass it off as a shoe thrown by a horse of the 7th Cav. Benten's group not Custers, I want to be believible. Just got the idea after seeing a few cannon balls do ok lately. What do you folks think? ???

Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should explain it just like you did, and that it could have been from The soldiers. More than likely they are probably a lot of them around. In one Civil War camp here in SW Missouri I would say we found around 30 or 40 in a fifty acre field. In a Camp site like that you have to dig all your signals, if you don't you are missing some good stuff. Plus it gives you insight about how the camp was laid out. Good luck, Tsgman

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free,

Your 1st horseshoe in your new home? I would hang it over my door for GOOD LUCK.

HH :)

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

River Rat said:
Free,

Your 1st horseshoe in your new home? I would hang it over my door for GOOD LUCK.

HH :)
Good Luck? The next day the water pump went out on the detectomobile. This must be a cursed battlefield relic. ;)

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

gypsyheart said:
Looks like you should have hung the horseshoe on the detectormobile ;)
It was left in the detectomobile, and is still there. I'm getting scared now, what will happen next? My bad luck I'll end up getting a job and not have time to detect. I better make the wife some breakfast and serve it in bed to her. Maybe she will keep me as a toy. ;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Pete,
It could have been worse. You could have had the waterpump problems right after leaving Wisc.
Maybe when you find the job you want, they will transfer you to LaCrosse. :'(
Way to go on finding the horseshoe. I'll bet there is a lot of ground to cover there. Should be fun to see what else you find there.
What are the ground conditions like?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
FreeTwoDtect said:
I was wondering if i market it the right way on EBAY. Might i be able to pass it off as a shoe thrown by a horse of the 7th Cav. Benten's group not Custers, I want to be believible. Just got the idea after seeing a few cannon balls do ok lately. What do you folks think? ???

LOL! Ya, and I was one of the suckers who bought one of those cannonballs ;D

Yep, you probably could get a big price for the shoe. Just say you dug it near Little Bighorn on private property LOL! ;D You'll maybe get $100 for it.

Years ago I had relatives living in Baker Montana. They said there was this good sized lake right in the middle. Baker is a long drive but I wonder what one could find hunting those old beaches?

HH

Badger

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

bk said:
Hi Pete,
It could have been worse. You could have had the waterpump problems right after leaving Wisc.
Maybe when you find the job you want, they will transfer you to LaCrosse. :'(
Way to go on finding the horseshoe. I'll bet there is a lot of ground to cover there. Should be fun to see what else you find there.
What are the ground conditions like?
Ground conditions are tough to dig after just a couple of inches. Not far down is clay so any old coins are near the surface. The finds i had are from a demo site. Like i said i did not have time to do research, just seen a site i normally jump in at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions