Garage sale finds

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
Hello all Awhile back my treasure hunting father and uncle were at a garage sale here on long island. My father was checking out his fishing lure finds when my uncle calls him over to look at a small dresser with brass handles. apparently the handles were worth about 30-40 each. 8 handles in all. they were informed they could have the piece for forty dollars. sold. the next stop my uncle is checking out his treasure trying to open the drawers and found a small one that was stuck. gets it open and finds a tobacco bag filled with barber dimes, v nickels, mercs, 1 shield nickel some indian heads from the 1890 to 1907, three barber quarters and some foreign money, two coins from the netherlands from the 1870's. about this time my cell phone rang. my uncle asked if i would be interested in the coins. 100 dollars was the asking price. well it took awhile but i finally got the bag. all my life i have resisted the garage sale lure now i find myself stopping and opening every drawer i see. maybe we should have a section on garage sales finds. I am not to good with attaching pictures but i'll do my best to get one for you to look at

Dylan

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great story...those kind of finds are really the best...no work or digging involved....We need a site...Non Detector Finds..... :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pictures......Yes!!! Great story. I can't believe someone would sell a dresser with out looking through it first. :o

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Great find!!! I allways set aside at least $50 each weekend for garage sales.
I look for stuff to sell on ebay, when I'm lucky and carefull I can turn it into $300.
Dano.

S

southbound

I used to go to garage sales every week. Now i just go to flea markets. It is amazing what you can find here in Germany. Keep lookin and good luck. Vern :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o $100.00,that's a little steep isn't it? Is there enough in that bag for that amount? He could've been nice and gave it to you for the $40.00 he had invested in the dresser.Since he already had 8 handles worth $30-40 a piece.Sorry if this sounds mean ,but man that sounds harsh to me. :-\ :-\ Nice finds for your Uncle,that's for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread