The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out today Daniel. I've been thinking of getting the 5x3 Eclipse for the DFX for trashy sites...from what I've read it does a great job getting inbetween targets. You find a lot even if it's been "hunted out". Of course, this depends on a lot of factors. The larger coils can give trash signals when a good and bad target are both under the coil...the small coil resolves this dilemma. You can't cover much ground and you have to move the coil slowly when you are hitting multiple targets per swing, but at least you get an accurate reading on each individual target. If you hunt trashy area, I'd say it would be worth getting a small coil.

HH!
TBGO

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan,

glad you got out.

I just use the standard coil.

Have read other post where they work well in
the situation with multiple targets.

If your going to be working in a environment like that
ofter; if you have the bucks; why not :-\

have a good un........

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
daniel I use a small coil in the summer time to hunter the smaller play areas, keep in mind that the trash may be hiding some goodies. A small coil can be an asset for anyone
hh
dave+bobbie

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Daniel,

I've done alot of research about the smaller coils. I use a Minelab Quattro, but I think the advantages are about the same regardless of machine. The DD coils get alot of good reviews. I'm still trying to master the stock coil and machine now.

I do know you have to dig alot of trash to find the good stuff no matter what you use.

Smartin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread