School digging today

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I went out with Lone Gunman and his wife today to hit an old park up Mosbey creek today. We weren't finding much up there, so we all decided to head back to town and try another site, the high school where his wife went to school. Good thing because all I was getting out of the park was old style pulltabs and one zinc penny!

So we grabbed a quick bite to eat, and headed over to the school. I managed to find 1 wheat (a 1956) and a few other cents. Lone pulled in a handfull of cents as well, along with a misplaced lighter top, looks like maybe a Zippo? And K., well she was the one who found more than cents, LOL! 3 nickels and a few cents, too.

The sun was out and it wasn't that blustery today. Got to meet some new friends, and decent weather, and even managed to get a few coins out. All in all, it was a good day!

Attachments

• 3-7 finds.jpg
    3-7 finds.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 370
  • 3-7 finds 2.jpg
    3-7 finds 2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Lone Gunman.jpg
    Lone Gunman.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Oh yeah, the little airplane and a lot of the coins were left in my pouch from a previous hunt... I think I'll hit this place again as there should be more there and older stuff, too. We only had an hour or so before we had to boogie.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thats a nice little collection you got going...Was really great that you got out and were able to hunt with friends!!!!

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
damn jeffro you are quick....i just got back from roseburg and figured i would check out the post....you forgot to tell them about your lucky horse shoe...lol...nice meeting you and i dont have to leave until the 15th....mybe we could hook up again on the 14th.....i know where there is a old school down by my place if i can get permission to hunt it....lmk if you are game.
ttl
lone gunman

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeffro,

sounds like you folks had a good time, that is what
it is all about.

Like the red truck ;)

have a good un........

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you guy's and gal were able to hook up,that's pretty cool.It's not like you found a cache of gold coin's but it had to be a lot of fun....Congrat's and HH everyone.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Jersey, the school was tore down a while back, and now its just a school at one end of the property. A softball field, a baseball field, a swimming pool, a track, and lots of field is mostly what's left. Lots of ground to cover!

Lone, I'd be happy to jaunt down to your place for another hunt, just let me know when. Pleasure meeting both of you today!

Thanks all, HH out there. :D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great that you found someone to hunt with!

Sounds like a nice day you all had.

;)

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
JEFFRO....LET ME SEE IF WE CAN GAIN PERMISSION TO HUNT THIS OLD SCHOOL....IF WE CAN I WILL POST SOMEMORE INFO.....WILL TRY AND CALL YOU SOMETIME LATER THIS WEEK TO SET THINGS UP.
HAPPY HUNTING
LGP

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a fun day Jeffro. Good luck on your future hunts!

HH!
TBGO

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great days is what it's all about, WTG!!!
I like that little green airplane,, haven't seen one of them in years.
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread