My first Detector

H

hoosierdig

Hey everyone, I have been talking about getting a detector for a couple of months now with my girlfriend, she surprised me and bought one for me, a whites prizm 3... Got out in the backyard and a state park today, found some coins, a quarter some pennies, some junk in my back yard but not too bad for my first time out, It seems to be very exciting and i look forward to many good finds. I love seeing what everyone is finding out there!

Upvote 0

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Hoosierdig,

What a great present, now you need to get her one and you both can do it together. You know the gift bearer always gives what they'd really like for themselves.

Smartin

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the foruum Hoosierdig!!Glad you got that machine already working,stick with it and it will only get better.Great hobby,these people here are full of info....just ask,Congrat's on your first find's and Good Luck!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum! and congrats on the first finds. i dont know about your area but just so you know that around here, most state parks are off limits. you might want to check with the parks people and make sure it is ok. id hate to see you get into trouble.......anyway, great finds! im looking forward to hearing about your future digs!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
H,

welcome to the forum.

Get to know that new machine, it will treat you well.

What Hollow said about State Parks.

have a good un.......

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i got a great idea, if you two are serious, take her out MD'ing and plant a gift in the ground, to pay her back..........let her find it with a little thank you note..........cool huh!!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
mwsvector said:
man i got a great idea, if you two are serious, take her out MD'ing and plant a gift in the ground, to pay her back..........let her find it with a little thank you note..........cool huh!!!!

man ......your good!! ;D ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Hoosier. I started out with a Prism. I found lots of "good stuff" with it including an 1847 large cent.

Good Luck!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hoosier!

Congrats on that new detector and your first finds!

Looking forward to reading your posts! ;)

Nana

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Welcome fellow hoosier...like the others are saying be cautious in the State parks. Usually dity and county parks are ok. I have seen some that actually say No Metal Detecting in the City park.

Dave

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Hey Hoosier, my girlfreind just bought me a Prizm3 a few days ago as well, I think I'll hang on to her! She is as exited about finding treasures as I am & has been digging up bottle caps & pennies in the backyard while Im at work. MWSVector has an awesome idea that Im going to pull off, I'll bury a jar with a thank you note in it an inch or so down! This will blow her mind & make her want to search even harder for more "treasures". Ive already decided to buy myself an MXT & give her the Prizm very soon because of her enthusiasm towards this new hobby. We relocated to Southeast Idaho from So. California 8 months ago & I am very exited about the possible finds in this area, there is a lot of old history in these parts & lots of old mining camps, etc. Lewis & clark came through here, Butch & Sundance are from these parts & there are many stories of stagecoach robberies, caches of stollen gold, etc. We probably wont find any gold, but I'll be stoked over a few Indian Heads............! It is a bit cold & wet still, but I hope to post pics of our finds in the very near future. I have learned so much in the last couple days by reading the posts in this forum & cant wait to get out there & put some of this newfound knowledge to work! I thank all of you & wish everybody the best of luck in your search! ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You now have a terminal illness sorry. The only thing that will cure it is go out and Hunt, Hunt, and Hunt, Hunt, Hunt. Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread