Todays Nasty Nickle

Z

ZumbroKid

Today's Nasty Nickle

Well, day three of hunting Montana. Got a token day one, a buffalo nickle day 2, today a nasty, crusty, 1891 V-Nickle.(1st pre-1900 coin) ;) Got my day tied up with some boring stuff, like honey do lists and water pump going out in the detecto-mobile. More of the same old tomarrow i guess.

Attachments

• 1891 v nickle.jpg
    1891 v nickle.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Today's Nasty Nickle

real nice stuff pete!

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

alot better then my finds today. one hot wheels toy and one button and a lead sinker and one shell from a gun that i have not cleaned up yet. just trying my dfx for about the 3rd time :) good luck to you :) just trying to learn the the dfx.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That's the only thing about Spring Free,the "honey do" list,the inside and out have to be perfect.No problem,as long as I can swing...Sound's like you're gradually getting to know the area..Good Luck out there.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job free! Im sure that pre-1900 coin is the first of many to come as you are,"the king of pre-1900 coins". I look forward to seeing more of your finds in your new area.Good luck and HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You're off to a good start, Pete. How about those sidewalks? Do they even have them in Montana? ;D ;)

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

The real King of the pre-1900 coins is BK! He has thousands of them. He sent his spreadsheet to me in an email a while back. I wish we could post coin spreadsheets here on the forum. Tomarrow night is the GPAA club meeting here if i do not have my dates wrong. I plan to go to that one.

S

southbound

It can only get better! Congrats!!!! Vern :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread