First time beach hunting!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I went to Charleston last weekend and got out on the beach for the first time every in my MDing career.

It was a beach near private homes, so there is never much traffic there, but you never know...

Time was limited; in 45 minutes I found: a sharks tooth (eyeballed) , a sledge hammer head, and a 2000 nickle.
The nickle was in terrible shape and was reading all over the place in about a 6" diameter area.

The entire beach was nearly devoid of metal. I did get a few very, very faint intermittent signals down by the surf, but nothing to bother digging for.

Nothing spectacular, but interesting.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh... but didn't you love being at the beach!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those faint signals were probably gold rings, LOL! Beach sounds great about now. HH, Mike

N

Nightf10182003

Those faint signals near the water is salt and mineral deposits messing up your MD. Unless you have a detector specifically for salt water (which I doubt you do since this was your first beach trip), then you will never get an accurate reading anywhere near the water, to include the wet sand when the tide goes down. I go to the beach all the time and if you time your trips to coincide with low tide, you will have a better experience. Also go to the crowded beaches. People that live on the beach don't need pockets full of change and jewelry..they leave it in the house.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MDnoob, Yes Some Nice Things Can Be Found On The Beach's, I Live Here In Charleston, But Don't Hunt The Beach's as Much as I Should. trk5capt...

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a beach! The nearest beach for me is like 1000 miles away.

S

southbound

At least you got out and had some fun. Guess the weather over there is pretty nice about now. Vern :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread