Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Saturday i have been hunting fields and heavy wooded areas and it payed off this time the old north-fork is getting older my sister got me a book published in 1975 called Pagans Puritans Patriots about this home town i live in the oldest English town in NY it is fantastic :icon_thumleft: gave me lots of ideas where to hunt Founded in 1640 ? ill debate that , first i hunted a just plowed field didn't really produce much a few really toasted LC,s early 1800,s and some cool artifacts so i hit the woods next to it along the bay front that was a lot better there is a stone foundation still there once a home, i got some good silver signals 1 1626 King Leopold and 1 Ferdinand II 1625 to 1632 undated both coins where within 6 feet of each other not deep either about 6 inches amazing the ground was full of oyster shells and scallop shells they turned to chalk when i touched them and fell apart another far out find was a 1961 Danish 1 Krone :icon_scratch: i got a nice very small silver ring a cool double heart pendent 3 flatty buttons no marks a d buckle some lead shots lots of old glass bits one is milk glass i took a few to many pics sorry :hello:
enjoy Dd60

Attachments

• Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.jpg
    Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,997
  • 100_0940.jpg
    100_0940.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,993
  • 100_0944.jpg
    100_0944.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 2,981
  • 1961 1 krone.jpg
    1961 1 krone.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 2,949
  • 100_0937.jpg
    100_0937.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,955
  • coins 1.jpg
    coins 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2,954
  • woods finds.jpg
    woods finds.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,913
  • Silver coins.jpg
    Silver coins.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,890
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
Thanks i had to soak them in lemon juice to get the dark color off they came out nice i did not want to over do it the soil was very dark and soft once the top was broke off i could use my hands to dig the woods out here has a deep layer of i guess i could say mulch plus there was a lot of old oyster shells mixed in which i think scratched the coins over time the coins were just over 6 inches deep Jim

Don't do this again, no need to put lemon juice on clean coins, you could damage the surface.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
Thanks i had to soak them in lemon juice to get the dark color off they came out nice i did not want to over do it the soil was very dark and soft once the top was broke off i could use my hands to dig the woods out here has a deep layer of i guess i could say mulch plus there was a lot of old oyster shells mixed in which i think scratched the coins over time the coins were just over 6 inches deep Jim

Don't do this again, no need to put lemon juice on clean coins, you could damage the surface.

I thought that :icon_scratch:

The coins look great as they were in the mud :icon_thumleft:

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
;D ;D ;D Awesome dude !!! ;D ;D ;D Gotta say .. Yikes on the lemon juice too.. I just use spit..

If it don't come clean.. It wasn't meant to be on silver.. Grads on the banner !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of silver and he is all over the banner.

I am a USAacan and I see the signifignance and I have to VOTE BANNER. SWEET FIND.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Silvers bud...Maybe mine will make the Banner too!! :headbang: :headbang:

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
cdltpx said:
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of silver and he is all over the banner.

I am a USAacan and I see the signifignance and I have to VOTE BANNER. SWEET FIND.
Iv'e had the same thought. That's pretty funny.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
cdltpx said:
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of modern silver and he is all over the banner.

Iv'e had the same thought. That's pretty funny.

forgot to add modern before silver :laughing9:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a moment I thought that you were hunting for relics in Europe :o ... deserve these two coins and much more, find a field in the USA with this kind of coins and be able to find them to be a miracle and a great hunter.
Greetings!... :hello:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green1 said:
;D ;D ;D Awesome dude !!! ;D ;D ;D Gotta say .. Yikes on the lemon juice too.. I just use spit..

If it don't come clean.. It wasn't meant to be on silver.. Grads on the banner !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
lemon juice doe's nothing to Silver...but clean it :read2:

SS

Azman-1

Oct 4, 2006
Amazing finds!! I'd still be in shock over this find of a life time!!........... :o

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the 'Archies' love to find out about these finds???

Unfortunately, you'd probably not be allowed to hunt the site again if they were to find out... :dontknow:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azman-1 said:
Amazing finds!! I'd still be in shock over this find of a life time!!........... :o

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the 'Archies' love to find out about these finds???

Unfortunately, you'd probably not be allowed to hunt the site again if they were to find out... :dontknow:
Its private owned farm land its been in the same family over 300 years, there is one archeological site out here it is historical land and off limits to hunting of any sort 3500 acres

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60

Seriously, I bet a few more of those books have sold already. Even just a "few" more relic hunters in your area of Long Island coud be a disaster when it comes to competing for land to hunt.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KylePA said:
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60

Seriously, I bet a few more of those books have sold already. Even just a "few" more relic hunters in your area of Long Island coud be a disaster when it comes to competing for land to hunt.

That is a good point, Kyle. We would never give away the source(s) that we found our great sites from. I hope you find more.

Kirk

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
KylePA said:
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

That is a good point, Kyle. We would never give away the source(s) that we found our great sites from. I hope you find more.

Kirk
Iam not worried about it like i stated before this place is 33 miles long by 2.5 miles wide 80% of it is wooded or vineyards and farm land it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack in the middle of the night i been out here now 10 years and i still have not seen 2/3 of the places to hunt :thumbsup:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful coins! congrats on the banner!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply outatanding!!

Top Member Reactions