Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Saturday i have been hunting fields and heavy wooded areas and it payed off this time the old north-fork is getting older my sister got me a book published in 1975 called Pagans Puritans Patriots about this home town i live in the oldest English town in NY it is fantastic :icon_thumleft: gave me lots of ideas where to hunt Founded in 1640 ? ill debate that , first i hunted a just plowed field didn't really produce much a few really toasted LC,s early 1800,s and some cool artifacts so i hit the woods next to it along the bay front that was a lot better there is a stone foundation still there once a home, i got some good silver signals 1 1626 King Leopold and 1 Ferdinand II 1625 to 1632 undated both coins where within 6 feet of each other not deep either about 6 inches amazing the ground was full of oyster shells and scallop shells they turned to chalk when i touched them and fell apart another far out find was a 1961 Danish 1 Krone :icon_scratch: i got a nice very small silver ring a cool double heart pendent 3 flatty buttons no marks a d buckle some lead shots lots of old glass bits one is milk glass i took a few to many pics sorry :hello:
enjoy Dd60

Attachments

• Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.jpg
    Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,997
  • 100_0940.jpg
    100_0940.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,993
  • 100_0944.jpg
    100_0944.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 2,981
  • 1961 1 krone.jpg
    1961 1 krone.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 2,949
  • 100_0937.jpg
    100_0937.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,955
  • coins 1.jpg
    coins 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2,954
  • Silver coins.jpg
    Silver coins.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,890
  • woods finds.jpg
    woods finds.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,913
Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantasic finds!!! YOU are in a great area. A coin from the 1600's is amazing. Your heart must still be pounding.

Do you realize a Puritan may have dropped it!

I VOTED BANNER!

SKD

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Fantasic finds!!! YOU are in a great area. A coin from the 1600's is amazing. Your heart must still be pounding.

Do you realize a Puritan may have dropped it!

SKD
Yes makes you wonder who was just out here then this place has a real mix in time Dd60

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a couple of fine looking 3 kreuzers you have there! :thumbsup: Can't imagine what else must be the the ground around your area.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recovering history, one little bit at a time. Great finds. Would love to see a close up of the heart pendant too.

Gotta vote banner on this one for so many reasons. You have just started to uncover what this site has to offer!

Bob

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are two great coins. Never seen them before til now. I'd keep hitting that spot. Up here they used those old shells as fertilizer, so maybe a garden area? :dontknow: Anyway nice finds deepdigger, and I'll second the Kirk banner vote. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Woooohoooooooo! This is the most amazing Colonial discovery I have seen on here in awhile. :icon_thumleft: Those coins were lost by a frontier settler on the North Fork. :headbang: They are in amazing condition as well. I am guessing they were lost around 1640. :headbang: :notworthy: :hello2:

You have become one heck of a Colonial hunter, Deepdiger! I can't wait to see what else you dig in those heavily canopied woods. Amazing!

I don't do this often, but this one deserves it. I am voting BANNER! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Kirk :hello:
Someone had to drop them but when ? that is the question out here some of my finds don't make sense surprise the hell out of me to :dontknow: ,you just never know but that book did help narrow down a few very old home sites that are long lost now Thanks for the vote :thumbsup: Dd60

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJGMC said:
Recovering history, one little bit at a time. Great finds. Would love to see a close up of the heart pendant too.

Gotta vote banner on this one for so many reasons. You have just started to uncover what this site has to offer!

Bob
I think the heart pendent was once gold plated not sure if it was on silver the obverse is the same as the reverse i do have a pic ill post Dd60

Attachments

• gold heart.jpg
    gold heart.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,810
  • gold heart.jpg
    gold heart.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,803
OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Could you post the early large cents? :notworthy:

Kirk
It is now peek tourist season out here and i have to feed them i work years at the only local food market and believe me it gets busy ill try tomorrow my day only off TG :laughing7:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Those are a couple of fine looking 3 kreuzers you have there! :thumbsup: Can't imagine what else must be the the ground around your area.
The one coin with a date 1626 has a upside down V on the bottom under the bust i still cant find that one i think its the mint mark the other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
The one coin with a date 1626 has a upside down V on the bottom under the bust i still cant find that one i think its the mint mark the other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

The "upside down V" is called an inverted chevron and the mint is ...Saint Polten Mint. Years for that mint are 1624,25 & 26.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
holy cow, DD! they're not those rijksdaalders you've been looking for, but they're gorgeous,
and deserve a spot on the BANNER for sure!

dwayne

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

I think you're right, and believe it's from the Hall mint.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Wow what a hunt :icon_thumright: Congrats on the old silver finds DD60, as stated above they're in great shape too goodjob.gif

Attachments

• goodjob.gif
    goodjob.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 2,761
OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurDiggrNY said:
Wow what a hunt :icon_thumright: Congrats on the old silver finds DD60, as stated above they're in great shape too
Thanks TDNY it took a bit of soaking in lemon juice to clean them up i think they turned out fine i wont try to clean any further rolled flan is paper thin, the soil in that woods is very dark and soft maybe the oyster shells keep it in low mineral content they turn to calcium deposits .Dd60

IWillFindTheGold

Nov 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Amazing coins! Man, what a nice spot. Keep it up around there. There might be more magic afoot.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1625!!! 1626!!! 1632!!! JEEZE!!!! Those are almost 400 YEARS OLD!!! JEEZE JEEZE JEEZE!!!

I'm happy to break into the 1800's

JEEZE!!!

great finds! you my first banner vote... its well deserved!

I wanna see more!

Chukers did I say JEEZE!!! yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions