Not Much ... Yet

Dodsim

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
My wife bought me a Titan 3000XD from KellyCo (manufactured by First Texas) for Christmas! My schedule, like everyone else's doesn't seem to give me near enough time to get outside and use it though. So far I've found almost one whole dollar in change in my backyard (I suspect the guy who cuts my lawn is sprinkling change as he speed cuts the grass in what seems like 30 seconds). Living in Florida at least I'm able to get out in between hurricanes and lighting storms so I can't complain too much 8)

I'm really excited about a trip down to Naples FL next week. My wife promised me two full days to dig as many holes in the beach as I want as she and my daughter attend some fashion thing!!! Other than the general guidance of "the beach north of the Naples Pier to Ft. Meyers", is there any place special/in particular I should set my sights on?

I'm doing okay with the Titan and am anxious to see how it handles dry beach.

I try to follow the exploits posted here a couple of times a day - always interesting, encouraging and supportive.

Looking forward to posting some great stories of my own some day!

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dodsim - Welcome to the forum and the hobby! Here's a great site written by a guy who really knew how to hunt a beach...

http://www.thegoldenolde.com

Good luck on your trip...let us know how it goes.

HH!
TBGO

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Dod. I hope you come back from Florida with great tales of treasure! :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Welcome to the forum Dodsim. I hope your first great story comes from your trip to Naples. I'm sure someone on this site can give you some info on some hunting areas down there. I wish you the best on your trip and finds. HH!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you on your trip!

Looking forward to seeing all those great finds!

;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you loads of luck...that is, if it's Spring Break while you are there, your wife may not let you hit the beach.

Anyway...HH :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you can find alot during spring break. some times things you don't want too. Good luck all the finds.
Burdie

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dodsim, make sure you get a good beach scoop. If you don't get one from Kellyco stop at Bill Jackson's in Pinellas Park and don't forget the sunscreen ;D One more thing, don't strain your neck looking at all those spring break bikinis ;D Good Luck and HH. Welcome to the forum.

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I second the motion on the sand scoop, makes recoveries fast and minimizes bending or squatting down to recover....make sure you post lots of pics after you return...finds and bikinis, don't need to see the scoop

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
DODSIM, Welcome to The Forum, Good Luck at The Beach In Naples, All You Have To Do Is Find One Gold Dubloon & You Will Put Us All To Shame. trk5capt...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, just get out there and do it. Watch out for the sand cleaning machines if they are there! They do a great job cleaning up the sandy areas. Try to go where they don't go. HH, Mike

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Welcome to the forum Dod. The beach, use to remember them days over off Ft Laud & West Palm. Now I live up in the mountains, just a tad differant. Sure miss them bikinis. Good luck.

Ken

Mar 4, 2004
Sounds like your off to a good start! Gotta learn what your detector is telling ya' and the only way is out using it. Searching your own yard is a good place to learn recovery techniques.
HH, Wooly

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like you got a very understanding wife Dodsim...Good luck in Naple's and soon enough the "not much...yet" will turn into "Much...Yes".Good luck and keep us posted.HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread