🥇 BANNER 1625-1649 KING CHARLES I ROYAL FARTHING Coin! CLEANED PICS ADDED

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: HI Y'all, I just CANNOT believe it I am pretty Stunned right now :o We went out digging this morning with no real sites

in mind and spent the first couple hours digging some colonial buckles and civil war items....when we decided to go

back to a spot that we have hit before and hit a couple days ago....First 5 minutes I dug a 1898 V-Nickel which is

pretty cool in its own right.......then I came across a signal hitting about +18 to +20 on the MXT and I was

debating on digging it...but as you know that old addage...DIG EVERYTHING...IT REALLY REALLY applies here

where I live because LOTS of Colonial flat buttons and flower buttons hit in that range.....SO, I popped it out and

out popped this little disc about the size of a Half-Reale....I could read the CAROLVS plan as day on it and we were

debating whether it was copper or silver as it was only hitting in the +40s when I got it out....Anyway, its copper

and its very thin and very old.... I was going to post the stuff I found yesterday which consisted of an 1852

Large Cent, a mystery copper that looks to be 1800s with Hindu writing and a wreath and these other items and I

WAS HAPPY WITH THOSE THINGS!!! Which is why this is UNBELIEVEABLE icing on the cake and after just digging that early

1700s French silver 3 days ago....

Type: 1625-1649 (Charles I) Royal Farthing
Obverse Legend: CAROLV(S) DG MAG BRI (Charles by the grace of God King of Great Britain)
Obverse: Single arched crown over two sceptres
Reverse Legend: FRA ET HIB REX (France and Ireland)

MD Pics 350.jpg
MD Pics 351.jpg
MD Pics 354.jpg
MD Pics 355.jpg
MD Pics 356.jpg

CLEANED

With dirt patina
MD Pics 358.jpg

With oil
MD Pics 363.jpg

Reverse (This back is going to clean up nice, all the detail is there, its just going to take me longer to clean the dirt
buildup off of it as this was the side facing up....It should come off after a couple days in oil
MD Pics 368.jpg
MD Pics 369.jpg

Thanks guys for looking! :-\ :hello2:

Attachments

• MD Pics 383.jpg
    MD Pics 383.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,732
Upvote 0
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L

lovedigging

Re: 1625-1649 KING CHARLES I "Maltravers" ROYAL FARTHING Coin! CLEANED PICS ADDED

Josh, I told you I was sending you down my luck so I guess it really worked. Congratulations on an awesome find :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread