Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing so few targets it seems like the finds are getting limited there, but when a buckle pops up it kinda seems like there should be more smaller stuff that was missed. If it's a small concentration of iron beside the hole you're digging, dig it all a foot down to detect, and swing over the loose dirt as well. You'll probably get at least as many targets as you have in this post, and some your detector had no chance at seeing.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian, Congrats, That is one sweet looking buckle and everything you found indicates some colonial coins are still hiding there . Nice digs ,CMD

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on some nice colonial finds ! I can only imagine what that site gave up in the past (and maybe in the future) ?

TommNJ

Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Seeing so few targets it seems like the finds are getting limited there, but when a buckle pops up it kinda seems like there should be more smaller stuff that was missed. If it's a small concentration of iron beside the hole you're digging, dig it all a foot down to detect, and swing over the loose dirt as well. You'll probably get at least as many targets as you have in this post, and some your detector had no chance at seeing.

IP has a great point here,I use too always dig a site down if it was worth it and always found good stuff deeper,love the finds Brian :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buckle Brian! :icon_thumright:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buckle! Too few of these are found NOT intact. You almost had 1. Still a great find with a nice design. Congrats............Hogge :headbang:

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for all the nice comments...The site was well hit before i ever found it, But it has a few goodies hiding :icon_thumleft:

Willy i hope to get out this weekend...The weather was too rough for kayak fishing..The ocean can get nasty during rain storms.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Iron Patch said:

IP has a great point here,I use too always dig a site down if it was worth it and always found good stuff deeper,love the finds Brian :thumbsup:
YEP!!!!! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You finding relics that large at your site, really makes it sound like virgin territory. Go back, camp there if needed, and post more crazy stuff!
Carl

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buckle for sure :icon_thumright: a good hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread