Old Indian Salmon Trap

TwinStatesMD

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2010
I'm hitting up an old river bed where the Native Americans used to trap salmon in southern VT. I got permission and am heading out in an hour for a few hours of hunting. I will post pics of my finds as soon as I get back. I am expecting to get my first silver because it has rained something ferrous and I have been told that a woman found a 1837 Silver Half Dollar not to long ago after a storm just laying on the top soil. This may finally be my day to get something other then Clad and Wheaties. Wish me luck. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Alnitak

Nov 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
TwinStatesMD said:
I'm hitting up an old river bed where the Native Americans used to trap salmon in southern VT. I got permission and am heading out in an hour for a few hours of hunting. I will post pics of my finds as soon as I get back. I am expecting to get my first silver because it has rained something ferrous and I have been told that a woman found a 1837 Silver Half Dollar not to long ago after a storm just laying on the top soil. This may finally be my day to get something other then Clad and Wheaties. Wish me luck. :icon_thumleft:

If it rained something ferrous you'd better turn up the discrimination. :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

TwinStatesMD

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2010
nothing of note was found, it started to rain agian so I had to head out after about an hour. sorry I dont think I'll post any pics because it was mostly trash. No coins, infact the only thing note worthy was an old iron pulley wheel.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Alnitak said:
TwinStatesMD said:

If it rained something ferrous you'd better turn up the discrimination. :laughing7:

Now THATS funny! ;D I'm still chuckeling...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread