Going hunting today for the first time...

I

iwearpro

Well here I go Im off for my first hunt today with my new whites prizm 3. I know it will take some getting used to so its hard telling what Ill find. Im going to my parents new home that is built on a 3 acre patch of land that used to be a farm in the late 1800's.... Wish me luck and Ill post any finding when I get back this afternoon...

See ya and good luck on your hunts today as well

brian

Upvote 0

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck on your first hunt....I have a Prizm III too, you are gonna love it.....target ID, depth, and pinpointing are VERY accurate and consistent

doesn't look like I'm gonna get to hunt today with this bigass storm coming my way, got rained out yesterday too, this sucks

Good Luck and HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good luck brian! i wanted to get out today myself but now i dont know. the weatherman said only light drizzle in spots today but i woke up to torrential downpours! :( i guess ill wait it out and see if it gets better. dont forget to post your first finds!

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
i have been wanting to get out for the last three day. but nothing but rain and storms i was supposed to go find a ring my ex bro in law lost years OK. and said he could show me some old houses that were build in the 1800s. then to top that off a old gal friend called last night and wanted me to help her work on here truck and said i could md here yard. her house was build in the 1800s to. she told me that her girls at the back of the yard were finding marbles and seashells. that sounds like a real good place to hunt. good luck on you all getting out.

S

southbound

Welcome Brain :)
Good luck and hope you have fun detecting. Vern 8)

OP
OP
I

iwearpro

Well back from my hunt. I had a blast. I did not have much time before a storm blew in but was still able to turn up some newer coins,(1970 and after)a old forf of some sort and I have to say the most important thing. I found a late 1800's silver dollar. Now a little history about this coin. About 5 years ago my little nephew was 5 years old and was so proud to show my dad,his grandpa the coin that him and his dad had found while building a house. Well,while getting out of the car at grandpas house and on the way to the door he lost that coin in the grass and they never could find it. I will never forget the look on his face when he lost that coin and the tears running down his cheeks for days. Well today my nephew was with me while I was detecting and I come accross that old coin that he had lost. You should have seen the look on his little face as he started to cry with joy that I had found that coin that he was so proud of. That was worth the whole cost of the detector alone and made the trip to dads,grandpa's house well well worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread