park finds ,lots an lots pultabs, but still got the gold,

eboy1960

Mar 2, 2009
indianapolis indiana
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro/teknetics 6000
hello finally got to post these finds ,three days at the parks,found a few pendants a couple rings plated im sure ,an iron mike token,about 13.00 in clad.those pull tabs man i hate them but still got a 14k womens gold band, im sure i had hundreds of them, when i found the ring there was 4-5 pultabs a foot or two close to the ring, question what is 925 halmark stamp on gold i have an earing with 925 clints pics 001.JPG clints pics 004.JPG clints pics 005.JPG clints pics 007.JPG clints pics 008.JPG clints pics 010.JPG

Upvote 0

grafer

Mar 2, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold and a great hunt! :hello2:

I found that extact same dragon pendant last year. :laughing9:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, nice clad haul too

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
925 is silver!!!! maybe gold plated???? which one!!!!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold!!! MR TUFF

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Yep... you have to pay your penance for the gold. Hundreds to one is sometimes the ratio! :'(
Your persistance has, and will reward you! :thumbsup:

Slab

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
eboy1960 said:
hello finally got to post these finds ,three days at the parks,found a few pendants a couple rings plated im sure ,an iron mike token,about 13.00 in clad.those pull tabs man i hate them but still got a 14k womens gold band, im sure i had hundreds of them, when i found the ring there was 4-5 pultabs a foot or two close to the ring, question what is 925 halmark stamp on gold i have an earing with 925

I found out very early on that pull tabs are the bane of all metal detectorists. While I've only been at this hobby myself for about four years now, I know I have had to dig up thousands and thousands of pull tabs. At first I just chucked them in the nearest trash receptical along with the can slaw and other trash dug up or picked up while detecting. But I got to thinking... a dangerous event sometimes I can tell you... but I thought about all those little cans and jars and buckets people set up to collect the pull tabs so that kids can get their dialisys (spelling?) or "dream factory" whishes or whatever "causes" that people collect pull tabs for. Yeah, now I keep a bucket in my garage that is collecting tabs for whichever "cause" gets lucky when it's full. That... or perhaps I'll just take it to the recycling center and sell'em. <shrug> I should be doing the same thing with all the cans and can slaw too. Hmmmm... there I go thinking again! LOOK OUT!

Anyway... Pull tabs are a pain in the butt, or back... if you dig them all up. But Pull tabs are also a good sign. If there's tabs there, then there have been people there too! And that means there's treasure there to be found as well! So curse the tabs, collect them, help make someones dreams come true, and look for the treasure in the trash! It's out there man!

*** Also *** I've been threatening to for some time now, and I've just about collected enough gold and silver... and courage... to have my "SPECIAL" Pull tabs made! I want to have a couple of gold and silver pull tabs made by a jeweler to wear on a chain like medallions or "charms". ONLY a fellow metal detectorist would get the joke! <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Frodov said:
*** Also *** I've been threatening to for some time now, and I've just about collected enough gold and silver... and courage... to have my "SPECIAL" Pull tabs made! I want to have a couple of gold and silver pull tabs made by a jeweler to wear on a chain like medallions or "charms". ONLY a fellow metal detectorist would get the joke! <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

I like your idea, Frodov!

Maybe also a little diamond for a rivet that attaches the pull tab to the beaver tail...

Don't forget to post some pics when you get 'em done! :headbang:

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
you are just not looking at pul tabs correctly. I tect with my wife and when she says o just a pull tab I say yes but it is a collectors addition and stuff it in my bag.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well first off they are "Brewer Comemerative Rings" not pull tabs. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Second if you find the OLD ones you will know you are in a possibly good spot.

http://www.squidoo.com/canpulltab

thirdly the place you are hunting is obviously not being hunted by anyone else or you would not find that many quarters there.

good job and good post.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Nice Haul!!! BTW 925 gold is 22kt gold. It is common in the far East, but not here in the US. Numerical markings on gold are not uncommon. ie. 583 gold is 14kt. If it is yellow and marked 925 it is 22kt. gold, it is NOT silver as someone said...... Have you ever heard the story of the 12 year old boy who found a very heavy 17lb gold rock in Little Meadow Creek on their family farm? He took it to his dad, who took it to a silver smith in town, who said, "naaaa it's nothing". They used it for a door stop for 3 years when a jeweler who was passing through hear the story about the strange yellow rock they found. The jeweler contacted the farmer and bought it from him for $3. The farmer was so excited, that he went to town to celebrate about selling the stupid jeweler a yellow rock for $3. When one guy in the bar heard the story, he told the farmer that he was swindled. What he sold was a gold nugget worth thousands. Well, the farmer went after the jeweler and cought up with him in the next city and as the story goes, "they came to more equitable terms on the price of the gold nugget". So goes some of the story of the Reed Gold mine outside Charlotte, NC. HH, Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions