Sling Buckle?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the "Iron Field" this morning for a couple hours before the heat got too bad and managed a few targets. The buckle was the first target and I'm thinking (hoping) that it is a musket sling buckle. It doesn't quite match up stylistically with others I have seen but the size is correct. It would have had three tines. Input?

Attachments

• 19 June 2010 006.jpg
    19 June 2010 006.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It does look like a Colonial sling buckle! :headbang: :notworthy: It is nice seeing you get out at this time of the year. Iron Patch is too busy waiting for the fall season. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Kirk

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
It does look like a Colonial sling buckle! :headbang: :notworthy: It is nice seeing you get out at this time of the year. Iron Patch is too busy waiting for the fall season. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Kirk

It's tough sledding this time of year with the crops on...but I now have several fields that just opened that I just got permission for. There will be a good find from this area...just got to get the coil over it.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Kirk PA said:

Kirk

It's tough sledding this time of year with the crops on...but I now have several fields that just opened that I just got permission for. There will be a good find from this area...just got to get the coil over it.

Can I smell more 1600s French silver that will make Iron Patch get off his butt and not wait for fall? :laughing9:

Kirk :hello:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there Romeo...would say it was a sling buckle too .... of course the lead is always welcomed as well...

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Great find there Romeo...would say it was a sling buckle too .... of course the lead is always welcomed as well...

Thanks Patriot...I'm starting to catch up with you in the musketball department...

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Buckle ... congrats ! :thumbsup:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
The Patriot said:

Thanks Patriot...I'm starting to catch up with you in the musketball department...

Yeah up over 39lbs of it now...sure it must be around 4000 of them now.... they add up fast enough! Hope to get out for a hunt sometime this week...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if maybe it's mid. 1700s compared to the later 1700s ones we usually see. French and British styles can be very different so maybe that's another reason it's different. (Maybe French?) Problem is so few early sling buckles turn up it's hard to get a sense of what there is unless you go on a research mission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread