Rare MAINE STAFF COAT BUTTON, 1876 KING RAMA V Coin, 1845 Large Cent, & more

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare MAINE STAFF COAT BUTTON, 1876 KING RAMA V Coin, 1845 Large Cent, & more

Hey Y'all. Here's my latest finds from the last two digs at a couple of my colonial/civil war sites. I dug my first Maine Staff in all my years of digging! This is a VERY HARD Civil War button to find as there weren't very many soldiers from Maine who fought in the Civil War in relation to other states (because it was sparsely populated at the time). In all my years digging for Civil War relics I've never seen one dug and only heard about one. Also, I pulled 4 coppers out of the ground this past week (including the V.H.P) one of which is a mystery copper. Its larger than a Large Cent and looks like it is probably an 1800s Copper but I haven't I.D.ed yet. Also got a very nice Bone Handled Civil war era pocket knife and 2 Ringer Bullet.. Here's the pics.

*Maine Staff Coat Button
*1845 Large Cent
*1852 Large Cent
*1876 King Rama the Fifth of Thailand Copper Att Coin
*3 General Service Eagle Buttons
*1 H.N.I But. (Hampton Normal Institute--where they sent the Indians from the Plains to become "Civilized")
*1 Very Large Underwear/pants button
*1 Civil War Era Bone Handled Knife
*3 Ringers, (hard to find) 2 Ring-Burnside and Colt
*Kepi Buckle, Sling Buckle and Harmonica Reeds
*Silver Dime, Nickel, and Sterling Cuff Link

Maine Staff Button (Before Cleaning)
MD Pics 370.jpg

Maine Staff Button (After Cleaning)
MD Pics 398.jpg
MD Pics 381.jpg

New York Muffin Button (Before Cleaning)
MD Pics 458.jpg

New York Muffin Button (After Cleaning...Made into Poker Chip)
MD Pics 466.jpg

H.N.I. Button (Hampton Normal Institute School for Native American Children during the Indian Wars)

MD Pics 390.jpg

Thailand. Rama V (1868-1910). Copper 4 Att (1/16 Baht) issued in 1876
Website to view: http://thaicoin-homevason99.com/rama_thai.html

MD Pics 340.jpg

MD Pics 342.jpg

1845 Braided Hair Large Cent
MD Pics 457.jpg

MD Pics 455.jpg

1852 Braided Hair Large Cent
MD Pics 402.jpg

Group Shot
MD Pics 463.jpg

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Rare MAINE STAFF COAT BUTTON, 1876 KING RAMA V Coin, 1845 Large Cent, & more

Great looking button and coins, way to go! Fantastic hunt you had. Got my vote. :icon_thumright:

U

umrgolf

Re: Rare MAINE STAFF COAT BUTTON, 1876 KING RAMA V Coin, 1845 Large Cent, & more

Sweet confirmation :o :o Looks like a pretty valuable coin :headbang: Just keep on rollin brutha :headbang: :headbang:

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Would you care to share how you clean your buttons? I thought I've tried every trick in the book but never get them looking that good. Unbelievable finds! Congratulations.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Can someone explaine why this Button is not on the Banner :help: there have been plenty of votes :icon_scratch: Mainer said it's the only one that has been posted on Treasure Net :icon_scratch: The title says RARE MAIN STAFF COAT BUTTON,
Being from the UK I know little of this Button, apart from the Great condition, and what the outhers have said.
Just seems odd that it is not up top :dontknow:

SS

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A rare button, very detailed, lots of gilding and in great shape, what more can I say!
You got my vote for Banner, congratulations on your finds!

DK

NC Iron Man

Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Ace 250

Banner Finds! How did you clean the button?

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Searcher said:

Can someone explaine why this Button is not on the Banner :help: there have been plenty of votes :icon_scratch: Mainer said it's the only one that has been posted on Treasure Net :icon_scratch: The title says RARE MAIN STAFF COAT BUTTON,
Being from the UK I know little of this Button, apart from the Great condition, and what the outhers have said.

SS
He already has an item on the banner from what i was told. :coffee2:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allen said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
People have had two on the Banner before, at the same time, unless this is a new rule :dontknow:

SS

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, Wow, Wow! That is an awesome button. PM me and I will give you my address so you can send it back home to Maine!

You got my banner vote on this one! How did you clean it? I can never get buttons to look that good.

Hills Hunter

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kyphote said:
Would you care to share how you clean your buttons? I thought I've tried every trick in the book but never get them looking that good. Unbelievable finds! Congratulations.

PMed you bud :icon_thumleft: :wink:

ProPointer said:
Good stuff man :headbang: What did you use to clean with :icon_scratch:

LEMON JUICE LEMON JUICE LEMON JUICE :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Nothing more to it.... I'm betraying one of my prized secrets telling you guys this :icon_silent: :icon_biggrin: :wink:

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Searcher said:
allen said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
People have had two on the Banner before, at the same time, unless this is a new rule :dontknow:

SS
I got an email from Jeff and thats what he told me, so might be a new rule. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions