Mini SILVER Cache/SPILL!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's my finds from the "J-Team" outing. We started at one of our usual spots, and about 15 minutes into the dig, I got a signal hitting +83. So I made a plug and out popped a 1940 Wheat and I knew that that couldn't have been the only thing in the hole so I used the pinpointer and out popped a 1940 Merc. As always, I like to check the hole once more before covering, and layered right beneath the Merc was a 1940 Nickel, than used the pinpointer again, and AGAIN, a 1941 Washington Quarter....than I thought to myself, "Self, surely this is ALL that's in here" NOPE, next a Standing Liberty Quarter, than a 1939 Washington and than I was about to cover the hole but scanned ONE MORE TIME and got a WHOPING HUGE signal hitting at around +89-90 I believe and as I carefully moved the dirt away, there was a BEAUTY of a 1943 Walker staring at me! :headbang: :headbang:
I believe that these coins were buried by a kid probably because unlike a pocket spill, they weren't scattered about but were buried one under another.
Also dug a few Civil War/Colonial goodies including a couple Flat Buttons, some Bullets including a few Merrills :headbang:, colonial shoe buckle, etc. :icon_thumleft: :wink: Thanks for lookin!

COINS FRESH FROM GROUND
MD Pics 469.jpg

COINS CLEANED
MD Pics 474.jpg
MD Pics 486.jpg
MD Pics 483.jpg
MD Pics 484.jpg
MD Pics 485.jpg
MD Pics 478.jpg
MD Pics 487.jpg
MD Pics 489.jpg

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing :o I dream of spills like this, :icon_thumleft: I think we all do ! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
that is a fantastic coin spill Josh and the walker is beautiful!!! See ya next week!

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful Walking Liberty...one of my favorite coin designs! Grats!!! :headbang:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the silver spill, :thumbsup:

TommNJ

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great spill,

Your having a stellar yr. I was out today for the first time in over 3 weeks. Got some silver. But the heat is just unbearable this time of yr. I got out at like 7 to this morning. By 11 it was roasting.

hH Jer

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice assortment of finds from different historical periods Josh. Weren't the Merrill Carbines used by U.S. Infantry and Cavalry in your area? WTG Josh, stay cool. Too hot and dry to hunt here in Tenn. This month is going to be the 5th hottest on record (at least) in the Nashville area. HH, Quindy.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spill. Would like to find one like that....Matt

U

umrgolf

:o :o :o That walker does have a lot of detail :headbang: :headbang: I was pretty amazed to see how closely grouped together the dates were aside from the SLQ.. pretty neat Josh :headbang: Waitin on my first spill w/ multiple silvers

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Great coin spill!

That half looks like it would be Extremely Fine graded per this web site that has pictures of the coins to compare against.

http://coinauctionshelp.com/How_To_Grade_Walking_Liberty_Halves.html

SKD

Thanks Sore Knees Dayton, that's a Great website and shows great pics.....and I'd have to agree with your assessment of the coin, looking at those pics. Thanks Man! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

VOL1266-X said:
Nice assortment of finds from different historical periods Josh. Weren't the Merrill Carbines used by U.S. Infantry and Cavalry in your area? WTG Josh, stay cool. Too hot and dry to hunt here in Tenn. This month is going to be the 5th hottest on record (at least) in the Nashville area. HH, Quindy.

They were indeed used by the US Cavalry & Infantry. However this was an early war site and alot of the Confederates had their Merrills that they used while still in the federal army. Thanks my friend and hang in there...should get a brake in the weather soon... :-\ HOPEFULLY..Because I'm tired o goin out everyday and sweating out 10lbs of water :cussing: :cussing: >:D ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink:

umrgolf2010 said:
:o :o :o That walker does have a lot of detail :headbang: :headbang: I was pretty amazed to see how closely grouped together the dates were aside from the SLQ.. pretty neat Josh :headbang: Waitin on my first spill w/ multiple silvers

Thanks Jeff, yeah you can tell that that SLQ had been in circulation quite awhile before it was buried...which is the exception because the rest are in fairly decent shape and the Walker REALLY good shape! :icon_thumleft:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome! that's a great stash ya dug up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread