CELLAR HOLES* 3 LARGE COPPERS*KEY DATE 1804?

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
met up with Frank and Paul again for some holes i located quite a few towns away. bugs were relentless but we braved it out.
i came around a tree and stepped back :o whoa never seen a black snake like this scale a tree.is this a black racer? water snake? :icon_scratch:
finds are a cool ornate lock,2 of these heart shaped things.never found any of these before anyone have any ideas what they were used on? :help:
2 suspender buckles.a dandy button and 3 large coppers.a 1787 Fugio,1804 draped bust and a holed 1818 matron head.
happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 016 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 016 [].jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 023 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 023 [].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,277
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 022 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 022 [].jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 019 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 019 [].jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 011 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 011 [].jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 001 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 001 [].jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,307
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 009 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 009 [].jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 004 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 004 [].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 025 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 025 [].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,280
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 026 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 026 [].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,265
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 028 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 028 [].jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 029 [].jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank 029 [].jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,285
Upvote 0
OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CELLAR HOLES* 3 LARGE COPPERS

terpfan said:
Congratulations on a killer hunt! I'd brave the bugs and the snakes any day to have results like that. The 1804 LC is one everyone's wish list, and is no doubt banner worthy. I don't recall ever seeing one posted. The 1804 may not be in the greatest shape, but there were only 96,500 produced. Numismedia lists it for $1710 in G4 condition. Do you have a better photo?
i'm afraid to clean it anymore.already went in the hot peroxide and Q-tipped.if i wipe out the 4 it's gonna be useless. :dontknow:
tried another angle.maybe it's a 1 not a 4? i don't know.any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.sure looks like a 4 to me though

Attachments

• JUNE 26th OLD  CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank [] (2).jpg
    JUNE 26th OLD CELLAR HOLES with paul and frank [] (2).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 987

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

GREAT snake pics! I'm not a tree-hugger like that snake, but I like snakes, those that hate 'em, well, lets just say something like, "Adam and Eve complex", LOL!
Nice old coppers too, congrats!

ffd

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
terpfan said:
Congratulations on a killer hunt! I'd brave the bugs and the snakes any day to have results like that. The 1804 LC is one everyone's wish list, and is no doubt banner worthy. I don't recall ever seeing one posted. The 1804 may not be in the greatest shape, but there were only 96,500 produced. Numismedia lists it for $1710 in G4 condition. Do you have a better photo?
i'm afraid to clean it anymore.already went in the hot peroxide and Q-tipped.if i wipe out the 4 it's gonna be useless. :dontknow:
tried another angle.maybe it's a 1 not a 4? i don't know.any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.sure looks like a 4 to me though
in my opinion this would be in the AG-3 grade

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no idea why the last number looks like it does, but it is not an 1804. I determined that by looking at the reverse photo of the coin you posted, ah no influence on dating using the reverse.

It appears the reverse matches the Sheldon 224 variety of the year 1801, but you will have to look at your coin and a photo to determine, since the photo posted is not exactly clear for me to be 1000% sure but am very sure the reverse is not any of the reverses of a 1804.

If the fraction would have been clearer I would have said S-224 without any doubt, so take a comparison look at that. Now what I do see that first tells me it is not an 1804 is the great spacing between the words of STATES OF AMERICA, on the 1801 they are far apart for S-224 and on any 1804 they are much closer to each other. But the determining factor for me is where the leaves point to the first "A" in AMERICA. Yours matches S-224 from what I see and is nowhere near where the leaves point on any 1804. Also the position of the leaves above that one in pointing to the letter F in OF.

http://www.largecents.net/collection/coinpics/s224.jpg

http://www.largecents.net/collection/coinpics/s266c.jpg

by looking at the leaf position and spacing I mentioned on these two examples you shoul easily see the differences I mentioned.

Don

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds!!! We used to have those black racers fall out of trees on us when we were kids.
That would scare you to death.

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Don in SJ said:
I have no idea why the last number looks like it does, but it is not an 1804. I determined that by looking at the reverse photo of the coin you posted, ah no influence on dating using the reverse.

It appears the reverse matches the Sheldon 224 variety of the year 1801, but you will have to look at your coin and a photo to determine, since the photo posted is not exactly clear for me to be 1000% sure but am very sure the reverse is not any of the reverses of a 1804.

If the fraction would have been clearer I would have said S-224 without any doubt, so take a comparison look at that. Now what I do see that first tells me it is not an 1804 is the great spacing between the words of STATES OF AMERICA, on the 1801 they are far apart for S-224 and on any 1804 they are much closer to each other. But the determining factor for me is where the leaves point to the first "A" in AMERICA. Yours matches S-224 from what I see and is nowhere near where the leaves point on any 1804. Also the position of the leaves above that one in pointing to the letter F in OF.

by looking at the leaf position and spacing I mentioned on these two examples you shoul easily see the differences I mentioned.

Don
:crybaby2: damn! oh well can't win em all :dontknow: i appreciate the reserch Don! thanks dude!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always seem to pop some oldies! It's only a matter of time before something killer pops out of the dirt!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful finds man; :icon_thumright: you're lucky to have so much history in your part of the country.
I can only dream about those types of old finds up here! Congratulations!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oshawaman said:
Beautiful finds man; :icon_thumright: you're lucky to have so much history in your part of the country.
I can only dream about those types of old finds up here! Congratulations!

There's some great detecting in Ontario! All depends where you are, and the effort you put in. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
creeper71 said:
allen said:
but the snake needs
to be crushed with a big rock !! :laughing7:
Please keep comments like this to yourself........
i second that.i love nature and respect it.the snake was minding his own buisness.we were the ones that shouldn't have been there.shoot i let spiders and ants go that i find in my house :tongue3:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
creeper71 said:
allen said:
but the snake needs
to be crushed with a big rock !! :laughing7:
Please keep comments like this to yourself........
i second that.i love nature and respect it.the snake was minding his own buisness.we were the ones that shouldn't have been there.shoot i let spiders and ants go that i find in my house :tongue3:
I was bottle digging earlier this year an went to go into another part of a Dump an there was a Black Snake about 5 feet long hanging off a sapling...scared the Bajeezus out me at first,but when I focused an realized the snake was harmless I reached up an moved the snake to the part of the dump I already had dug...

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don in SJ said:

Don

Don, I see what you mean about the spacing of STATES OF AMERICA on the reverse. However, the date sure looks like an 1804. Is there any possibility that HEAVYMETALNUT has discovered a NEW variety of the 1804? Would it be unheard of for a new variety to be found?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread