Twilight Zone Silver ... (insert theme doo doo doo doo here)

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

After over TWO YEARS, I finally broke my silver coin drought. This past sunday, found a nice 1953 D Roosie... YAY ME... Looks like someone may have recently dropped it.. was very close the the surface.

Now... why the Twilight Zone reference?

Okay.. well.. two years ago.. I found my first two silver coins.. in June at this one ball park. Never found another piece of silver in all of 2008, and not a SINLGE one in 2009...

Now.. in 2010... found a silver.. IN JUNE.. at the SAME PARK.... three silvers... all in JUNE at the same park...

Strange?

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, that does seem strange. I see you're up in Mass. You should have no problem finding oldies up there what with all of that history and all. One would think anywhere you'd drop your coil you should pull up large cents, buttons, coppers, etc. I'd say do a little research. Parks are great to hunt, but, they've either been pounded to death already or there's nothing but modern clad there.

Try and research some older battle grounds or fort sites near you. Also, try cold-knocking on doors of older properties. I've done it in the past. It really is 50-50. However, one good site like that can produce enough silver to last you for years.

Way to go on the rosie. Good luck!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of all congrats on the silver.

You should take a silver dime, quarter and half then practice listening to how your machine reads each. Bury them at different depths and scan over them. There is more there and else where in MA but you must know what to listen for. Have you tried private property with permission of course.

By the way I don't believe the old pounded parks are ever completely cleaned out. I just found 4 silver dimes in a hour hunt at a 'pounded' park. I know this park has been hunted for at least 20+ years.

Good luck
NJ

ProPointer

Jun 14, 2010
Otsego County, Michigan
There's nothing weird nor strange about that, I found a Mercury Dime In June 8th, 2009(which I can take you back to the same hole) and on June 16th, 2010 I found a 60' Rosie right on the surface. You just got to swing your coil over it to find it, doesn't matter if its a V3I or a Bounty Hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions