Silver and my first buffalo.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Got my first buffalo today after 2 and half years of detecting. Its amazing what you find when you stop being stuck up about VDI signals lol. Also got a double play on the quarters in the same hole. Very deep. Almost walked away from the SLQ but re-scanned the hole and got it. Thanks for looking.

SLQ 1927
Washington 1936 S
buffalo 1937
wheat 1929 S
And the other ugly one is a tax token. GL HH.

Attachments

• buffalo.JPG
    buffalo.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first Buff. Looks like a great hunt in anyones book.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet Qtr!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a
Congrats on those great finds, that 36-s Washington looks like an xf plus!. I used to use a Whites an got caught up looking for VDI numbers......missed out on a ton of everything, including silver. Here's a friendly challenge...go back to all the places you found silver and wheats and dig every target, you'll be pleasantly surprised how many buffs and v's you find. Many older nickels read foil, not where newer nickels read. Many silver dimes read penny cause they are worn thin or on edge. Can't tell you how many targets I dug that were mixed pennies, nickels with silver not giving a regular VDI reading. Many Indians don't read where many pennies read, not to mention the gold and smaller pieces of silver odds and ends you'll find. Dig all your targets and you'll be smilin', the VDI is fun and helpful when you know you have silver but don't get too carried away with the numbers, I missed out on alot of stuff for a few years. There are many buffs, v's Iheads out there to be dug....good luck!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congs on your first buffalo. Plus good going and the recheck and finding th SLQ....Matt

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UTcoinshootR said:
Its amazing what you find when you stop being stuck up about VDI signals
Dude, tell me about it! I can't imagine what I might've passed up until I finally realized that it didn't matter really what the VDIs were, I could still dig any target. lol

OP
OP
UTcoinshootR

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Thanks everyone for the kind props. GL and have a good 4th weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread