First Standing Liberty Quarter

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It took 3 1/2 years and finally a Standing Liberty Quarter...

Since starting detecting I've found hundreds of silver coins including but not limited to cobs, reales, dimes, quarters, halves and dollars but a Standing Liberty Quarter has been on my want list for 2 or 3 years and kept alluding me until today.

At lunchtime I cut a plug and a 1928 Standing Liberty was looking back at me. Nothing special so I will not post a picture but I can finally cross it off my list.

Happy Hunting

NJ

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
One of the most beautiful American coins, IMO. Glad she came to visit for awhile, and congratulations! I still remember my first ... SLQ, of course. No date, long lost, but still beautiful beyond words. It didn't hurt that the same day I found a few Merc and Rosies, too, as well as a couple of possible ancient coins in the street that had already been run over several times. Even a portion of the bracelent or necklace they once belonged to.

So ... what's next on your list?

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tuberale said:
One of the most beautiful American coins, IMO. Glad she came to visit for awhile, and congratulations! I still remember my first ... SLQ, of course. No date, long lost, but still beautiful beyond words. It didn't hurt that the same day I found a few Merc and Rosies, too, as well as a couple of possible ancient coins in the street that had already been run over several times. Even a portion of the bracelent or necklace they once belonged to.

Thanks for the comments everyone...I'll try posting a picture later when I'm home.

Next on my list is a bust coin or NJ copper.

NJ

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
N.J.THer said:
Tuberale said:

Thanks for the comments everyone...I try posting a picture later when I'm home.

Next on my list is a bust coin or NJ copper.

NJ
You would think a NJ Copper would be eazy for you to find, but it's not ..everything but...huh??

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do have a few coppers that are so far gone I can't tell what they are so I may have a NJ copper but not a verifiable one.

Here are pictures of the quarter:
P6301584.jpg

P6301585.jpg

Thanks for looking.

NJ

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Nice photos. Thanks for posting them. There is no such thing as a bad SLQ. Well, except for one I used to have: mangled, bent, someone tried to cut thru it with tin snips: you get the idea. Sold for silver content, and was happy to get that.

Haven't answered what your next milestone is going to be, though. Gold coin, or have you already found it? Got any of those hard-to-detect 3-cent nickel pieces? Still trying to find a cache? Sure, it's none of my business. But I'm curious what you'd like to find next.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tuberale said:
Haven't answered what your next milestone is going to be, though. Gold coin, or have you already found it? Got any of those hard-to-detect 3-cent nickel pieces? Still trying to find a cache? Sure, it's none of my business. But I'm curious what you'd like to find next.

I did mention two above:

A bust coin
NJ Copper

Of course a gold coin would be nice and I never found a silver 3 cent piece. Did find my first Half Dime last month.

Thanks
John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on your first.

I have lots of firsts that I am in need of. The stupid work thing keeps getting in the way!!! I guess it is better than the stupid work thing not around though ???

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice SLQ she has a date and that is a plus. Nice find.....Matt

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PA John said:
Congrats on your first.

I have lots of firsts that I am in need of. The stupid work thing keeps getting in the way!!! I guess it is better than the stupid work thing not around though ???

I actually found this while on my lunch break...yes, I'm an addict. The job thing does allow me to pursue my hobbies. I'm the guy hunting the urban park in a shirt and tie...I kid you not.

NJ

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I did mention two above:

A bust coin
NJ Copper

Of course a gold coin would be nice and I never found a silver 3 cent piece. Did find my first Half Dime last month.

Thanks
John
[/quote]
Yes you did. My bad.

Do you know of Bust dimes showing up there? One of the reasons I ask is some of my ancestors came from Middlesex County, NJ and Eastern Shore, MD. I like to daydream about having coins they may have handled.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one! Still looking for my first stander! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread