Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Made it out today to a small baseball diamond at a local school. In between the clad and all the trash I managed a few keepers. First was the .925 ring. I got the usual quarter type signal and was gonna pop it out with my trusty craftsman screwdriver. Like the picture shows I poked right through the center of the ring. So I took a pic of it still on the screwdriver. Toward the end of my hour hunt I got a dime hit at 4 inches. So I dig the plug and nothin is there. I know the tone was good but where is the dime? lol It was the small .925 earring just in the surface roots of the grass. I find a few of these every year and they always get me. So to sum it all up. I had a great hour hunt, and came away with 2 more keepers to add to my growing pile. Thanks for lookin and luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN1172.JPG
    DSCN1172.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 517
  • RSCN1174.JPG
    RSCN1174.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 525
  • DSCN1175.JPG
    DSCN1175.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 516
  • RSCN1177.JPG
    RSCN1177.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet silver JJ!! hit the heck out of that spot and find that gold ring ;D MR TUFF

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr Tuff said:
sweet silver JJ!! hit the heck out of that spot and find that gold ring ;D MR TUFF
Thanks Tuff. I woulda stayed longer but some folks showed up for a game. There is still plenty of field to cover and I have plenty of patience.
JuJu

P

Pentico

Nice screwdriver poke! Lol
Silver is good, congrats JuJu!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like you were on your way to a sterling silver day!
Too bad the ballgame interupted your hunt, look forward
to what you find on the next go-round! :headbang:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Juju, Just curious - about how many silver rings have you found metal detecting total ?
(about 120 for me in 3+ years ) Argentium.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Argentium said:
Hey Juju, Just curious - about how many silver rings have you found metal detecting total ?
(about 120 for me in 3+ years ) Argentium.
I don't think I can give an accurate total. Several hundred over several years of hunting though. I have kept most of them but given a few away. Some day I will have to count em up or get as close as I can to a total. I only have 15 silver rings this year, and 10 gold rings, along with 4 gold items, and 26 silver items. By items I mean things that are not rings like pendants , necklaces etc.
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN1178.JPG
    DSCN1178.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 457

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
WOW JuJu... nice stuff!! You got your pinpointing down to dead center... can't get any better than that.
Back in the days I used the ole Craftsman flat head, and when it got retired it looked like an ice pick.
Keep on diggin those goodies!!

Slab

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nice finds Juju. I've always been intrigued by the people who use a screwdriver to recover with. How do you avoid damaging the find? You must be a surgeon! I was thinking using a little shrink tubing on the screwdriver might avoid some possible scratches?

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DMN said:
Nice finds Juju. I've always been intrigued by the people who use a screwdriver to recover with. How do you avoid damaging the find? You must be a surgeon! I was thinking using a little shrink tubing on the screwdriver might avoid some possible scratches?
I only use a screwdriver for surface finds at modern areas. My main digger is a Lesche. I have been using a screwdriver as a probe long enough to tell the differance between foil, and a necklace with a very light poke. My Garrett Pro-Pointer helps narrow the pin-pointing even more. Thanks for lookin.
JuJu

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
JuJu said:
DMN said:
I only use a screwdriver for surface finds at modern areas. My main digger is a Lesche. I have been using a screwdriver as a probe long enough to tell the differance between foil, and a necklace with a very light poke. My Garrett Pro-Pointer helps narrow the pin-pointing even more. Thanks for lookin.
JuJu
And thanks for your reply. Helps make sense.
BTW, you must have a treasure chest of jewlery enough to make Bluebeard drool. Keep posting, and allow me to be jealous!
Happy 4th.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DMN said:
JuJu said:
DMN said:
JuJu
And thanks for your reply. Helps make sense.
BTW, you must have a treasure chest of jewlery enough to make Bluebeard drool. Keep posting, and allow me to be jealous!
Happy 4th.

You are welcome my friend. And Happy 4th to you and yours.
JuJu

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great finds... And Congrats on the growing collection, looks impressive. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread