Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....Fast Eddie picked me up promptly at 1000hrs and we headed to the land of the great red mud...Prince Edward Island for our annual Legion Ball tournament.

Clear day and traffic was light and in no time we over the Confederation Bridge and in the shopping mall at Border Carleton where we saw a few old dolls! Good thing Otto didn't see them as I'm sure he would have popped a piston.
PB240001.jpg

PB240002.jpg

After a quick chat with Anne of Green Gables we did a boot and scoot into the "smart shop" which would help us after the ball games.

Our first game was 0800hrs with some sorry looking lots staggering to the field.
PB250007.jpg

Sleman park was in great shape with just a slight wind blowing in from right field.

Between our 4 games I managed to get in some swinging and quickly had a quota of coins while on the ball field we were a perfect 0 and 4. Swung my Garrett a lot better then I did the bat. Was ugly me son.

The memorials to the RCAF made a great backdrop with the Voodoo and company still looking as graceful as ever.
PB260014.jpg

PB260015.jpg

PB260016.jpg

That evening I got to dig around the hotel we were staying at and added a few more coppers till the bouys broke out the 24s and guitars and started wailing which lasted till about 0200hrs with the ladies throwing in a late night BBQ and Gord with his hair/hat doing his Bart Simpson impression!
PB260013.jpg

PB250005.jpg

Woke up to day and did a true drunken sailor grid of the hotel's front yard finding a couple of coins before we headed home. Take from the PEI red mud was 62 coins @ $2.08. Well no one ever said potato farmers were rich!
PB260019.jpg

PB250008.jpg

I'm the bouy with the old Garrett metal Detector hat on. Trimmed it up and looks almost presentable. No way was I going to wear the team's new hat! Bad karma I say youz!
PB260001.jpg

Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks like a great day leslie! nice pics and :laughing9: at bart simpson :laughing7:

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Leslie! Hopefully you guys did alright in the tourney! Looks to me like a big party hehe...

Have a good day and happy hunting! :P

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet there's some good ole finds somewhere close to those planes. ;D

Top Member Reactions