Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

ro
    “You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same”.

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
    486 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

A piece of armor ?

Hello friends

Out at a recently with Garrett GTI 2500 metal detector I detected at a depth of about 10 inches,a bronze fragment that appears to be a part of a bronze armor.Side bevels of the two holes in it and texture area indicate that such armor was composed of several pieces joined together by those holes.I'm not too sure what I found but if it's still an armor,may know someone in that period would be...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04093 modif (1152 x 864).jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	426311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04096 modif (1152 x 864).jpg 
Views:	918 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	426312  

ro
    “You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same”.

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    486 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Re: A piece of armor ?

Any opinion ?
    I thought england members of this forum are familiar with something and they have an opinion about this piece...

Quote Originally Posted by yo6oej
    Any opinion ?
    I thought england members of this forum are familiar with something and they have an opinion about this piece...
    My opinion is its not armour, but unsure what its from
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    602 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Any opinion ?
    Well ... I'm not English but seems Medieval, I would say that is a very difficult attribution.
    I not looking at your post, but I was drunk at football ... well really I still do not fully recovered
    Greetings!
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

Hard to say what it is really, I would guess though fairly modern. . This is a piece of armour, it would have been on a chain mail vest.
    Robert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fitting.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	426911  

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    486 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by HISPAN
    Any opinion ?
    Well ... I'm not English but seems Medieval, I would say that is a very difficult attribution.
    I not looking at your post, but I was drunk at football ... well really I still do not fully recovered
    Greetings!

Any feedback is welcome.Europeans usually is more familiar with this type of artifacts...
    I understand the concern for the football team these days.Congratulations to Spain.Was an excellent match...

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    486 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by robfinds
    Hard to say what it is really, I would guess though fairly modern. . This is a piece of armour, it would have been on a chain mail vest.
    Robert.
    Thanks for posting !
    Is difficult indeed to find an explanation...I think about was a mediaeval leather jacket who was dressed in these thin pieces of bronze...

ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    602 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

Any opinion ?
    Greetings!

Any feedback is welcome.Europeans usually is more familiar with this type of artifacts...
    I understand the concern for the football team these days.Congratulations to Spain.Was an excellent match...

yea !! Spain 4 - Holland 0

No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    486 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Spain 3 - Holland 1
    Puyol 1 goal / Villa 2 goals and Robben 1 goal

Any opinion ?
    Greetings!

Hard to call, both long over due to win the world cup. The referee for the final, Howard Webb, lives about 1 mile from me in Rotherham England. Just hope it's a good game.

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    486 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by robfinds
    Any opinion ?
    Greetings!

Hard to call, both long over due to win the world cup. The referee for the final, Howard Webb, lives about 1 mile from me in Rotherham England. Just hope it's a good game.
    sorry about england team...maybe next time...

Sponsored Links