Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's one for you "trekie's"...stopped at a local roadside playground on the way home for about 45 minute's.Found $1.33 in clad and this Vulcan pin,tried to look it up but found every vulcan pin but this...Any Star Trek fan's ever seen one?Thank's and HH!!

Attachments

• 2006_0320Image0001.JPG
    2006_0320Image0001.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Just a guess, but judging from the graphics and apparent age of the pin, I think maybe you're looking for the wrong Vulcan, and that the one represented is not a Star Trek alien but the original Vulcan? the god of fire in Roman mythology. He was also the god of volcanoes, and the creator of iron, weapons, armor, and art for other mythological gods and heroes. All sorts of products have used this ancient Vulcan as a brand name or logo... everything from vehicles and stoves, to razor blades and matches. Maybe some research in that direction will get you a few good hits.

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank's pbk...I guess since the only vulcan name I've heard about was from Star Trek maybe I jumped the gun.Input,that's what I love about this site,Someone to steer you in the right direction.Gonna try a new approach,Thank's again and HH!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PBK said:
Just a guess, but judging from the graphics and apparent age of the pin, I think maybe you're looking for the wrong Vulcan, and that the one represented is not a Star Trek alien but the original Vulcan? the god of fire in Roman mythology. He was also the god of volcanoes, and the creator of iron, weapons, armor, and art for other mythological gods and heroes. All sorts of products have used this ancient Vulcan as a brand name or logo... everything from vehicles and stoves, to razor blades and matches. Maybe some research in that direction will get you a few good hits.
Hey pbk...you nailed that one,definetley a mythological god...Thank's

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: