EUREKA.!!! I found my FIRST GOLD RING.!!!

Ray-King

Hiya ALL,
Well I DID IT.!!!! I STRUCK GOLD.!!!!
My first GOLD ring and I'm over the moon about it.!!!
I LOVE this hobby.!!!
I had a couple of hours to kill before work so i went down to the new beach i've been going to for a few days now, where i've been having quite a bit of luck. Lots of Euros in change and my 3rd Silver ring too.
I was digging what i thought was the usual Ringpull and i got to about 4" and there it was.!!....... THE INFAMOUS RINGPULL. I was correct. I'm getting quite used to the signals on my Ace250 now, but as many people on here have said, " You need to dig a few ringpulls and trash to get to the TREASURE ".
Anyway, I bagged the ringpull for throwing away in the bins later but as usual i swung the searchcoil over the spot again just in case there was anything else i'd missed.
Low and behold there was still a strong signal coming from the sand and soil i'd dug out of the hole. I thought it was going to be the rest of the can or another bit of trash, So I ran my fingers through the soil carefully and there it was.!!!! Bright, yellow and as shiny as you like. I grabbed it and cleaned it and it came out just as you see it in the photo below.
I couldn't believe it.!!! i wanted to shout out " Eureka " but the thought of being in a padded Cell for the night didn't really appeal to me, so i held it in till i got back to the car.
While i was doing my armchair disco dance in the car, I think the people walking past me thought i was having a fit or something because i got a few funny looks, but i didn't care, i had found my FIRST GOLD RING.!!!!

I also found another ?4.60 in change which needs a good clean so i haven't taken a photo of that, but that brings my total Euros to just over ?35

My ring count is now, 1 GOLD, 3 Silver & 1 cheapie Toe ring.
God i love this hobby.!!!! Did i say that already.??? hehehehee. Guess i'm just a bit exited.
I love my ACE 250 too.!!! it's GREAT.!!

Anyway all the very best wishes to you all and i hope everyone else has just as much or even more luck than i've had in the last few weeks.
Take care all and happy hunting too,
From a VERY happy hunter,
Ray.

P.S.
By the way, it is a 14 Karat gold, Gents heavyweight Oval shaped Signet ring......... AND I LOVE IT.!!!
My Mum said " it fits ME.!!! " but i said SORRY, NO WAY.!!! it's my first gold, but i did tell her that IF i find a nice ladies diamond ring, then she can have that one instead.!!! of course she said " YEAH OK "

TTFN Byeeee for now.

Attachments

• First GOLD Ring - 14K.JPG
    First GOLD Ring - 14K.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's an awesome feeling, ain't it? WTG Ray! That feeling never wears off...it's always a shock when you find gold!

HH!
TBGO

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice ring. :) I can remember my first gold ring oh what a thrill it was......and it was at that point that I knew I was hooked forever. I was using a White's Classic II at the time, just sort of testing the waters of detecting. I went out an upgraded my machine the very next day and have been detecting every since. I'm itching to get out and get going, but the darn weather here is not helping out. HH and many more rings.
Psgen

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Ray-King, one question though. Why did you wait until you got to the car? Feel free to dance after you find that ring on the beach. I know I did. It took me 4 1/2 years to find my first. People already think we're a little weird anyway. Congrats.

B

brz

Right on!!!! nothing like finding that elusive yellow metal. great find!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
very very nice ,,,, its a great feelin that first ring......... may you get another soon..i do agree with willie. i let it be known.. i got this bird noise ,, aarrraaw ...dont matter who hears me..... cause i just struck gold baby..... YEAH .... zippity - - - dam dooo daaa ....swing away amigo....... green 1 mass........

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!! Looks great. I am still searching for a gold one.HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great news, Ray. It's a huge ring. You'll have to wear it on your toe....cuz after looking at your mug shot, I think you already have rings on all your fingers. ;)

I'm trying to picture the armchair disco dance............... ::) ::)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RAY !!!! :o Oh my gosh! I am sooo happy for you!!!!

I can just see you doing that dance!!!! :D AWESOME!!!!

Nana ;)

N

NLINE SIXX

That does it I'm moving to the coast lol. Congrats Ray that's a nice ring find, hopefully someday for me. ;D HH

NL6

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
;D ;D ;D ;D THATS GREAT RAY! ;D ;D ;D ;D very well done indeed! im sure it will be the first of many! you have really been on to some great stuff lately. congratulations!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent job RK...That ring is still engravable,a little R and a little K,perfect...your Mum was right.Congrat's and HH!!

G

GEO

Been at it for about 2-yrs. found 2or3 gold rings & 2 that look like gold but no markings. I need a gold testing kit."CONGRATULATIONS" from GEORGE

Attachments

• George 2005.jpg
    George 2005.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 397

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray,

Boy, you can keep a person's heart racing while reading :o. I'm sooo happy for you too. ;D

Now, you got "gold fever". :D

HH :)
RR

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring find buddy. You have to put your coil over it and dig everything to find more of the good stuff. Start right now to keep a log of the gold rings and things. You'll be happy you did later after a couple hundred.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread