Newer park has some older items in it..

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried what looked like a pretty new park (1960's-70's) and was pleasantly surprised to find some rings - (7 so far, including one small gold one from this same park and over 20 found over the last couple months!) - but yesterday I searched another section and started bringing up some items that date to the 1930's. (Makeup compact and possibly the pocket watch) Starting to find some more interesting things lately. The best part about the last couple days was that my daughter went out with me and we both had a great time! She found several coins and was quite happy to be out with me - I couldn't have asked for a better couple days! We even found a small ring when we were there yesterday.

The pocket watch is in sad shape but I could read one small area on the back (missing it's back cover): "21 JEWELS". The small pin or brooch popped up after that one and then the "Princess Pat" rouge - still had the makeup inside. Then a buckle of some kind - (horse tackle?) - followed by a neat token. Lot's of large iron pieces in this area and I managed to dig up several old tool pieces. My younger brother is going to be coming out with me on Monday evening to search with his detector and it should be a real good time!

Thanks again for looking at my beginner's finds! :)

Attachments

• july 10 group.jpg
    july 10 group.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,141
  • ring and locket.jpg
    ring and locket.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,144
  • pocket watch - front view.jpg
    pocket watch - front view.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,135
  • pocket watch - back.jpg
    pocket watch - back.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,125
  • old buckle - front.jpg
    old buckle - front.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • princess pat rouge compact 1.jpg
    princess pat rouge compact 1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,112
  • marinello lid a.jpg
    marinello lid a.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • md rings.jpg
    md rings.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,087
  • leisurcor token - front.jpg
    leisurcor token - front.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,078
  • vintage pin - front.jpg
    vintage pin - front.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,101
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Wow! You guys killed it! Awesome digs! Keep us posted on your progress. Looks like you stumbled into the best part of the park!!! Congrats!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Damn! I wish my parks produced as much silver as yours! WOW! Good digs my friend! Keep up the good work!

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Hey Black, nice finds! Don't let the age of the park fool you. I have a school yard here that was resurfaced several years back and I'm digging up Victorian relics out of there, ONLY because of the truck loads of fill that they dumped and spread there. The key is WHERE did the fill come from? :dontknow: ANYway, again, great finds and keep it up! :hello2:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black , You are rockin hard ! Beginner or not , you are finding some very cool stuff . Argentium.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are some stunning rings-i think you where born to detect!! :thumbsup:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds!!! You always seem to have a great hunt. Way to go :hello2: Oh yeah, welcome to the "Princess Pat" club :headbang:

Found mine here in NJ. It is an old rouge tin. Probably from the 40's or 50's. Not worth much, but, I still have mine it's so awesome :icon_sunny: Were you thinking the same thing as me when you found it? Mini cache!!! NOT!!! It was a fleeting thrill though :laughing7:

Keep up the excellent work!

Attachments

• Princess Pat Rouge Tin.jpg
    Princess Pat Rouge Tin.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 870
  • Princess Pat Rouge Tin Open.jpg
    Princess Pat Rouge Tin Open.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 882
  • Princess Pat Rouge Tin.jpg
    Princess Pat Rouge Tin.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 876
  • Princess Pat Rouge Tin Open.jpg
    Princess Pat Rouge Tin Open.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 869

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I found one of those princess pat compacts a year or two ago. I will try to get a pic posted of it too.

Irchr

Mar 17, 2010
Texas
[I have a new park near my home, but it as nothing but an old cow pasture and I only found 37 cents in the several times I have been. Not much there yet.

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great comments! I always get a huge boost from the support here on this forum!

Yep - this park probably hasn't been detected and I suspect it was due to all the new park equipment that made them want to try another location. I didn't have anything else handy so I gave it a go - and it was one of the best spots for me yet! (At least it's getting me some items that aren't from 10 years ago! LOL!)

A lot of others on here have the "Princess Pat" rouge compact - that's so cool! I found this old advertisement and I'll post it on this reply.

Going to get up early and hammer this spot again in the morning. It rained and I am hoping for some more relics. Thanks again for all the super-nice comments!! You guys rock!! :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• princess pat ad.jpg
    princess pat ad.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 715

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black , Now are you really finding all this with a Radio Shack detector ??? Cause if you are
I can only imagine what you'll score if you upgrade . Argentium.

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium - Yes. I do have another but I haven't figured out the settings on it yet so I keep that one as a back-up. The Radio Shack model works pretty well but I had to dig everything for the first couple weeks until I started to figure out what each of the tones meant. Now I can tell about how deep or what type of material it is by the sound it makes. I'm not 100% correct on all of them but I try to use my "gut" feeling. (I do keep the discrimination low so I can pick up rings - but that means a ton of soda tabs as well.) Much of the good luck I have had is in large part to all the tips and knowledge I have gleaned from this forum here. Without it I would just be digging up nails and tin foil and would have quit.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice rings!!

:thumbsup:

M

MiniMe

Wow...I'd say you've got yourself a nice honey hole at that park. Very nice HH

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You call those "beginners finds", I call them great. I have only been detecting about a year. I would be glad to post my many many finds, but everyone knows what rust looks like. Keep up the excellent work, and good luck on your future hunts.

Bill

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Nice rings :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Already you have a collection of them.
Last time I also found some old makeup thing with rouge still inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions