A couple short hunts and a NEW DETECTOR!!

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up with the morning dew to get to the park and try to pick up some decent signals from the wet ground. Ended up finding a few interesting things. The butterfly necklace looks kind of "Art Deco"-ish but I am no expert on jewelry. It has some weight to it and no "Made in China" anywhere on the thing so it might be a bit older. Dug up the barrel to the cap gun next. I was kind of bummed to not find the rest of it but it was a break from the usual trash. They sure knew how to make kid's toys back in the day! Came home for lunch and ran some errands before waiting to hear from my brother who was going to come out after work and do a quick hunt with me at the same park. He did come over with his two kids and I let them use the other detector. After digging up some coins (nothing older than the 1960's) and what looks to be an earring and possibly a part to another pocket watch - my brother surprised me by GIVING me his detector!! It's a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and has some cool capabilities. It's going to be a huge change from the Radio Shack but I am excited at the prospect of being able to find deeper targets! My brother just went to the very tip top of my X-Mas list this year - LOL! Been doing the happy dance the last hour or so..

I still want to go out with my brother and hunt and told him that he HAS to do so. Now that we have a couple extra detectors, we can have the kids along as well. Make a day out of it. I'm so happy to have the new one though. It can even have a couple rain drops hit it and it won't go all crazy like the Radio Shack model. (That one got stuffed in a big plastic bag at the hint of a rain storm!) Hoping to be able to post some real good finds up on this forum soon!! Thanks for reading my gushing post here. ;D

Attachments

• july 12 AM group.jpg
    july 12 AM group.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 796
  • necklace 1.jpg
    necklace 1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 809
  • necklace 2.jpg
    necklace 2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 804
  • cap gun barrel.jpg
    cap gun barrel.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 794
  • july 12 PM group.jpg
    july 12 PM group.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 784
  • earring july 12.jpg
    earring july 12.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 781
  • july 12 earring - back.jpg
    july 12 earring - back.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 770
  • watch piece maybe.jpg
    watch piece maybe.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 764
  • new detector.jpg
    new detector.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 753
  • detector family.jpg
    detector family.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 747
Upvote 0

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds bud!

That new detector is going to rock the house. :)

I've been following your posts. You do great with the RS... and you'll do even better now. Guaranteed!

You got an awesome brother there. :headbang: :walk: He is the man.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
nice congrats on the new machine and some nice finds

just curious, does the back of that butterfly come off? looks like it should to me but can't see that theres anything in there.

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GioTheGreek said:
I've been following your posts. You do great with the RS... and you'll do even better now. Guaranteed!

Thanks!! I plan on using the new one as my weekend and all day hunt machine but still throw the RS in my bike bag for the quick "In and Out" hunts on my way to work. Gives me something to look forward to. Appreciate the comments!!

BobinSouthVA said:
just curious, does the back of that butterfly come off? looks like it should to me but can't see that theres anything in there.

Thanks for the kind comments also! I did think the same thing but it appears to be held in place by some kind of glue.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a fun day with your bro. I can't get mine interested for some reason :dontknow:

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Good bro you have. Good luck with your new detector :headbang:

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
ah mr black you should like the bh 505 ive made many a nice find with mine it was what i started out with learn it it will talk nice to you just learn to listen to what it has to say good unit i now use a whites xlt but still like the 505 am getting etrac in a few days that should be interesting keep digging

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you do real good for jewelry in those parks one of the best i see

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had a bro like that! My 'bro' called me from 600 miles away to inform me that my mom had died earlier that day then dared me to show up to the funeral. So I didn't.

That butterfly will open, I'm sure of it. It held potpourri or smelling salts for the Southern Belles who had the vapors. The chain is suggestive of a later piece tho, perhaps Avon? I believe it to be a modern-ish repro.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats on continuing to pull some nice finds in the park and on the new detector.

wizzo86

Sep 6, 2009
maryland
Detector(s) used
J.W. fisher pulse 8 /garrett freemom 3/ minilab extera 705
Last friday i was in the local good will store doing my usual rummaging for goodies. Under this pile of stuff was a metal detector,,, you guessed it,,, pioneer 505 bounty hunter. It was marked 20 bucks. Went up front with it and asked the lady if she would take 15 and she said sure!..... Now I'm doing the happy dance.... on keppyco it's about 189 i think.... Giving it to my son in law so i can have a detecting buddy! Good luck with it!!!! keep us posted.

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! Congrats on the 505. I still have mine, its one great coin finding machine

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Props to your brother! I think you were doing well with the radio shack,,,,Ive been keeping up with your posts also, You got some killer parks to get as much goodies as you do.

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Sweet finds!! Hope you can get your brother and his kids out-the kids especially will have a ball.

Anyone ever tell you you look exactly like Cameron on Ferris Buellers Day Off? He was hilarious!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions