BINGO!! - The Netherlands maps were right - Double Gold

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Hello all,

Still in the Netherlands for the summer. Trip half way over today. Then it's back to the US for RW and CW stuff around Charleston, SC.

Most of the time, I put in all the time and effort to do good research and I turn left when I should have turned right. I choose the field NEXT to the one I should have. I wind up too late and hear about what somebody found. BUT NOT THIS TIME.

I knew the ground was old and thought it was a place where people had conducted some activity for quite a long time. I knew there were interesting things to find but I NEVER expected this.

Yesterday, I decided to take off the WOT coil and use the regular coil in a somewhat trashy spot. Lots of iron blanked signals and a lot of rust signals that I would have to dig. A lot of rusted iron had already come out of the place. Those signals that sound good but as you dig, they turn bad.

I was searching through the area and hearing the iron blanking and then got a signal that was good but strange. Not very strong for the depth estimate. Sort of the "Beep, Beep" you get with some buckles or odd shaped things but different. The signal had no "open" sound like you get when there is a hole in the object. Just a weird sound. It was a good signal swinging at 90 degrees but it would sort of "Beep/Beep" one way and "Beep" the other. Hard to describe - especially with the sounds an e-Trac makes. It was more or less indicative of trash but not really. I played around in the area a bit and came back to it. The signal was one I sometimes walk away from but the numbers on the e-Trac never changed. I had traveled this far and was standing over it. Hard ground or not, I had to dig it.

I took the grass plug out and set it aside. Thing still in the hole. More digging. Still in the hole. The ground was dry but got a little more moist as I hit about 8" as there is a water table in these fields. Right before I hit the mud, the dirt hitting the small pile disintegrated and left this on the top of the pile. I picked it up, dropped all my stuff - headphones, detector, shovel, pin pointer, hat, lunch, and walked all the way across the field to my pack where I had a camera. This was something that I had to have a picture of.

This was the "Beep, Beep". The one place in all the fields shown on the maps and in these pictures where there were two coins sort of stuck together. True heart attack time.

Gotta love the old ground.

Sometimes it not all bad being a blind pig.

Daryl

Attachments

• 2GoldHand.jpg
    2GoldHand.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 5,411
  • Both2.jpg
    Both2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,394
  • Both3.jpg
    Both3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 5,356
  • Both.jpg
    Both.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 5,494
  • Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 3,917
  • Map2.jpg
    Map2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3,826
Upvote 1

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Congradulations Mr.Adams
2gold coins and the age what a sight. Made the trip worth it I am sure. They are in such great shape keep us posted as to what you learn about them cause they appear to be very valuable. I have to say BANNER.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds and in great shape also research pays off hopefully they brought a sack full over in this country in the early 1600,s :icon_pirat: :read2: yes you have to love old grounds ,that has to be a Banner !! find :notworthy: Dd60

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that I had quit posting in the todays finds thread....But seeing these beautiful coins I had to make an exception....Congrats...And I vote banner also...Steve

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Regardless of where, these are definitely banner. But were these found in Minnisota (MN)? Where is Mankato?

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful coins man. Keep it going!

Oranje! What a hobby...

54, Lot: 203. Estimate $125. Sold for $416. This amount does not include the buyer’s fee.
LOWLANDS. Utrecht. 1587. AV Ducat (3.38 gm). Armored soldier standing right, holding sword and bundle of arrows / MOORD/ PROVIN/ FOEDER/ BELGAD/ LEG IMP, tablet with legend in five lines. Friedberg 284. VF, cleaned. ($125)
This is the first year of issue for this famous trade coin type.

I also saw one of these selling for 450 Euros on another site. :hello2:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the nice gold coins. Sweet find. It should be on banner.
Dman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UFB....Congratulation's Daryl :icon_thumright: BANNER!!!!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I am at a loss for words! :headbang:

One of the coolest finds I have seen on here...ever

You got my vote for the banner

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds...two gold coins is definately a banner find.

Good luck on finding more.

NJ

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Two gold coins together could be indicative of a potential cache...perhaps spread by yrs of plowing. I would continue searching that field for more.
Congrats on the great finds. Banner material for sure!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats more like it :headbang:

Whats the Law on keeping two together?

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Wonderful finds. Got to love it finding gold... or old coins... or hammered or all at once! :notworthy:
A bit confused; did you find them in Minnesota or the Netherlands?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread