12.9 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
OP
OP
vercingetorix

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
A picture of the site where I found them ...It is the hill you can see just in the middle . It was pretty hard to get to ....no access ... no pathway ...so I had to climb it up by the west side ....not so easy with the detector in hand but I really had a great time out and just can't wait to get back tomorrow

Laurent

Attachments

• VUE1.JPG
    VUE1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 312

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
LAURENT, Great Site & Even Better Finds, Congrats. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    46 KB · Views: 268
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    46 KB · Views: 265

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pictures and even more beautiful finds!

Nana ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those celtic coins are tiny, aren't they, torix? They must be just a faint little beep in the detector.

What a gorgeous picture you posted of the area. Thanks.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ditto on the picture......beautiful! The coins are really cool....any ideas on value?

Happy Hunting,
Moon

OP
OP
vercingetorix

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
Those are tiny coins indeed around 10 - 12 millimeter in diameter so you have to listen to carefully any bip even if it doesn't seem to be a good signal at first . I didn't count but I must have dug up to one hundred holes in all ...but heres the result

The hill reaches its highest point at 1600 feet ( only ) but with steep slopes on both sides so It took me about 30 minutes to reach the top ( much less to climb down ::))

No idea on the value ... still have to ID them ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, a silver Celtic 1/4 stater. I have never seen a Celtic coin cut up, would have been cut to make smaller change maybe? Congrats on that old silver! HH, Mike

I

iwearpro

vercingetorix said:
A picture of the site where I found them ...It is the hill you can see just in the middle . It was pretty hard to get to ....no access ... no pathway ...so I had to climb it up by the west side ....not so easy with the detector in hand but I really had a great time out and just can't wait to get back tomorrow

Laurent

I got a question for you,How in the heck did you decide to hunt that spot? Were you just flying by and said "hey thats looks like a good spot!on top of that their hill!" Or did you do some homework on ancient times in that area?

B

brz

thats awesome!! I would love to detect a country that was thousands of years old. What an experience :o

OP
OP
vercingetorix

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
iwearpro said:
vercingetorix said:

Laurent

I got a question for you,How in the heck did you decide to hunt that spot? Were you just flying by and said "hey thats looks like a good spot!on top of that their hill!" Or did you do some homework on ancient times in that area?

no , I didn't do any research on ancient times to locate the spot ...and I had already located it on the map when I took the picture .Moreover detecting near any archeological site is forbidden in France . I found it merely by intuition and when I got to there first I knew that would be a great spot ...

brz said:
thats awesome!! I would love to detect a country that was thousands of years old. What an experience :o

Well ... if you travel to France someday just contact me , nothing's impossible ... ;)
Laurent

A

Angela (Australia)

What beautiful coins Laurent. I love the little intricate designs on them. You're fortunate to be able to detect in a place like that. The countryside looks beautiful, and the mountain looks like a great place to hide and detect at you leisure, without anyone looking on. That's what I like about where I live, you can hid, detect all day, find some great relics, all by yourself. Good on ya. Angela :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions