7 Silvers this weekend

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Had a pretty decent weekend. Went to a park about 30 miles away and pulled what you see in the top part of the pic. Angelo from the forum showed up and started to learn how to use his new detector. As you can see from the pic the silvers arn't that pretty -- the one that is shiney was done by me. The buckel is in the pic because it was probably the deepest find I had -- Was at roughly 12-14 inches. One of the ballparks in the park was covered with hot rocks -- haven't really run into it that bad before and can see how that would present a problem for any detector. I also got a 1/3rd of a wheat penny -- was just glad it wasn't a key date ;)

The four coins below I picked up at the same park where I have been pulling all the dimes from. Was nice to get another barber although not much detail. I believe the park was founded in the late 20's and early 30's.

Dimes
1947 S Rosy
1953 S Rosy
1948 S Rosy
1942 S Merc
1941 P Merc
1939 S Merc
1914 P Barber

41 Silver dimes this year so far:

Thanks for looking :D

Attachments

• 32606finds.jpg
    32606finds.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Congrats on the great finds Gabbit! I really love the barber & the mercs, beautiful coins! Good to hear you hooked up with Angelo, teach him well. We got hit by that storm last night & lost all power for 13 hours, woke up to 3-4 inches of snow & a very cold, dark house...........no hunting today! Either the storm missed you guys or you are much tougher than me. Probably the latter, but I am acclimating!(I am from So.Cal you know! lol) Keep finding em, keep us updated! ;D

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Great finds!
41 silver dimes...wow!
Congrats :)

Maybe someone was practicing to make a mojo pick with that 1/3 wheat ???

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
woooow,, very,, very nice day...... 1 or 2 silver coins is nice but thats very nice indeed,,, i dont get too many with mintmarks in mass,,, way to go ... nice additions ,,,

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mercs, I'm still looking for my first. WTG.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call that a great day! Silver coins are very elusive in my part of the country. I found a 1923 Merc one of the first few times I hunted and haven't found another since! I have found gold and silver but not gold and /or silver coins! Way to go and keep it up! Monty

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread