Civil War finds, not so nice carved bullet, Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with my hunting buddy John Sat. afternoon. We spent a couple hours scouting out a new spot that had a lot of potential. We got permission and started hunting when within a few minutes John dug a shot 3 ring bullet. We felt this was a good sign, but a couple of hours later that was all we found! We left and went back to a familiar spot that always produces.

We did well, I dug a brass item that has a ball on the end of it, anyone know what it is? I also dug a carved bullet that was made to resemble a certain part of the male anatomy. I have dug many carved bullets but none like this one. Hope everyone has some good luck next time out. Tsgman

Attachments

• new_RECENT~1.jpg
    new_RECENT~1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great bunch of finds tsg! ...the "odd" piece is definitely a collectors item.

HH!
TBGO

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
tsgman, I think you've been watching too many infomercials. LOL It may be a carved chess piece-either a pawn or a bishop.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
TSGMAN, You Would Be Surprised How Many Phallic Symbols Have Been Dug At CW Sites, The Soldiers Of Both Armies, Like Most Young Men Away From Home, For The First Time Were Not As Pure As Their Mothers Might Hope. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 117.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 117.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 262
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 117.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 117.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 266
OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
tsgman, I think you've been watching too many infomercials. LOL It may be a carved chess piece-either a pawn or a bishop.
I have dug several carved bullets that I am pretty sure were used as chess piece's, and I am quite sure it wasn't one of them! If you saw it in person you could see what it was immediately. What is strange is JD in Missouri also dug one of these a few days ago, but not from the same area mine came from. From this site I have dug probably 50 carved bullets. I have read about people digging this type of a carved bullet, and like one of my friends said, 150 years ago if they saw a comrade carving something like that he would be marching with someone else. I tend to agree! Tsgman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty strange Tsgman....Maybe they carved them that way on purpose,If they could "ram" these guy's down the muzzle,maybe it was meant for the area on the body if they had the chance.Not so nice back then.Nice lookin' find's,thank's for sharing and HH!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love all your finds and am glad you post pictures with all your finds.
Some day i'll be able to go to a civil war site and hopefully find some of the items you
guys find.

HH, ringfinder

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Tsg,

real nice group of artifacts.

Sounds like you had a good day. Nice sites
out there.

have a good un..........

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being on the buisness end of that "carved" one had it been fired youd be screwed for sure... ::)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
As always your finds are interesting.... on another note,the phallic symbol has represented Power in many cultures...so Maybe that was the reasoning behind this one....but it is still a cool and unique find! But I have a question....how are you going to ID the owner of this relic????Hahahaha ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread