1883 25 centevos and a token in ohio

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
Strange weekend, went to a school that has been closed down for a few years, was built in 1918, I found the place last summer and got permission to hunt, found about 6 wheaties, lots of clad, kids brass ring? and the usualy pockets full of what is its and trash.

behind the school is a wooded area that is very thick and on a steep hill and since i first found the school I was excited to get back when everything was dead so we could get in there.

Went last weekend and wasnt there for even an hour and found 4 wheats and my brother found 2, all of a sudden he started getting sick so we had to leave, promised I wouldnt hunt it until he could get back up here next weekend (things we do for brothers). So by this Saturday I was really looking forward to some hunting, he got permisson to hunt a late 1800's home in a small town so we went there first, werent there 20 minuites and was snowing so hard and it seemed to drop about 20 degrees so we decided to call it a day but I had to go run by the old school because the weekend before I had lost my probe and one of my earphone pads and I wanted to see if I could find them, by the time we get there the sun is shining and it is warmer so we decide to take our detectors, as soon as we get in the woods my brother finds the W.O. strome token (pat.june 1909), he heads left and I head right, after about 20 minuites he is yelling for me so I fight my way to him and he just found the 1939 english half crown, so obviously I have to stick around and see if I can "help" him find anything else, he then pulls out the 1939 half penny and right after that the 1883 25 cevantos, i FINALLY got to help him out and found the 1944 half pence ;D

Went back the next day for a few hours and didnt find much but did find and old foundation in the woods where there was a school before the one that is still standing that was built in 1918, talking to an old timer he said the other scool was tore down the same year the other one open, looking forward to some good finds out there!

MIKE

Attachments

• 4en token oth.jpg
    4en token oth.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG....Nice finds Mike ! and great story....Keep on Digging.........!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MIKE, Congrats, On The Nice Coins. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 204
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 190
O

OKIE

Hey Mike
Those r nice finds >:( can't 4 u to come down here,
we have the mud pit already set up 4 u know who! ;D
going to get tickets for the event to start selling to
all of the members CHEAP ::)
I hope the 2 ladies don't read this post... if they
do I'll get an ear full the next time we all chat.
Have fun with u'r new site and HH
Ray

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
OKIE said:
Hey Mike
Those r nice finds >:( can't 4 u to come down here,
we have the mud pit already set up 4 u know who! ;D
going to get tickets for the event to start selling to
all of the members CHEAP ::)
I hope the 2 ladies don't read this post... if they
do I'll get an ear full the next time we all chat.
Have fun with u'r new site and HH
Ray

Ohh you are going to get more than an earful....Wait til Lisa finds out! And ....whats our split on this little adventure?????

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mikey, puppy, You done good! It's nice to see you're getting out hunting with your brother. It's great to have someone to share your finds with. Good job posting the pictures.....Looking forward to more. :)

I have no idea what Okie and Gypsy are talking about....so I'm going to ignore them. ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
haupin said:
Mikey, puppy, You done good! It's nice to see you're getting out hunting with your brother. It's great to have someone to share your finds with. Good job posting the pictures.....Looking forward to more. :)

I have no idea what Okie and Gypsy are talking about....so I'm going to ignore them. ;)
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
I am not sure what okie and gypsy are talking about either.... dont think I was to know! ;D those two scare me!

alwayslookin, no I did not find my ear piece or probe! i figure some of the neigbor kids got them. My brother keeps telling me I would love my head if it wasnt attached!.... he is probably right.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!! Great stuff Mike!! :o

Love that token!

;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
mike28 said:
I am not sure what okie and gypsy are talking about either.... dont think I was to know! ;D those two scare me!

alwayslookin, no I did not find my ear piece or probe! i figure some of the neigbor kids got them. My brother keeps telling me I would love my head if it wasnt attached!.... he is probably right.
Thats ok Mikey ...we love your head ...why would you love it if it wasnt attached ...hahahahahaha

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

Nice finds, nice story...will ignore Okie's & Gypsy's tall tales. ;D