Silver dollar, Union Pacific Token finds.

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some trouble sleeping the other day and decided to get a good and early start on my hunt. (I was scheduled to start work a few hours earlier than I normally would so that was another reason. Wanted to get at least a couple hours in.)

Went to my wooded area to look for more earlier finds and started to get some signals and was blown away when I dug the silver up! I was so happy and wanted to dig for more but the mosquitoes were literally eating me alive! The repellent I used seemed to be attracting them and I'm sure I was down at least a pint or two before I got out of there. I vowed to myself to get some decent stuff before going back. Stopped at a store on my way in and picked up some military repellent that I KNOW works well. :wink: Once out in the clear Isat and looked at that silver coin for a good while. It was down about 6 inches and I thought it was some junk at first due to the strength of the signal. Had some more time so I went to my dependable spot and started there. Dug up the decorative piece first and I think it dates to the 20's due to the Art Nouveau style to it. No idea what it was attached to originally. :dontknow: I got some deeper signals next and found the Union Pacific token and the ring next to each other at the same depth - about 7 inches. The ring appears to be a costume or trinket ring, not gold or anything - but the designs on it are pretty. I'm thinking it might be a bit older as well. It was very interesting to look up the history behind the token with it's 1934 World's Fair connection.

I overslept today and am not going to get as much time to hunt now. Dangit. Some is better than none! LOL

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• july 24.jpg
    july 24.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1,284
  • morgan dollar - A.jpg
    morgan dollar - A.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • morgan dollar - B.jpg
    morgan dollar - B.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1,273
  • union lucky 1.jpg
    union lucky 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • union lucky 2.jpg
    union lucky 2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,250
  • july 24 ring.jpg
    july 24 ring.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,245
  • july 24 ring B.jpg
    july 24 ring B.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • dug decoration 2.jpg
    dug decoration 2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • dug decoration 3.jpg
    dug decoration 3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,214
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Morgan is great but that U.P. token is awesome. :headbang: :headbang: Huge congrats. :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black , You are killing me man ! Your finds this summer have really been remarkable !
A Morgan dollar is not a common find ! you could detect hard for twenty years and NOT find
one of those !!! (or any silver dollar for that matter) It's beginning to be clear to me , that
you are supposed to be working less and metal detecting more ! I think you are going to find
a cache or something . Argentium.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now your racking up the good stuff :icon_thumleft: nice dollar and token Dd60

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I dug up the same token..

Dug it up a year ago way out here in the middle of Calif's Mojave Desert. I donated it to the railroad display section of the Trona Museum. I believ the aluminum tokens were only given away during 1934.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man if there was a rookie of the year award for metal detecting you"d win hands down! :headbang:
my lord that morgan is an awesome find!
great hunting and may more luck be with ya! :thumbsup:

capri_auto

Apr 6, 2010
lumpsums said:
man if there was a rookie of the year award for metal detecting you"d win hands down! :headbang:
my lord that morgan is an awesome find!
great hunting and may more luck be with ya! :thumbsup:

I agree with that, great finds!

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
mr black you are going zen with that 505 a barber silver dollar most cool of all cools im smilling for you great find

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds!! It's a thrill finding silver dollars! I also found the same Union Pacific token when I was a kid sometime in the 70's,(I think mine was dated 1931).

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds black651, you really have been having some great luck lately :icon_thumright:
I think that the "decorative piece" looks like it might have been either part of an iron stove or possibly a cash register.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled an identical token from an old WW2 workers housing area. Yours is in better shape though. Congrats on a great hunt. I have yet to pull a Morgan. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOAH!!! nice SILVER DOLLAR!!!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I've actually found a Morgan Dollar, but would love to find a token like the Union Pacific you found.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Thats a great find Black,,, for sure!!!!,,, :headbang:,,, I have been detecting since 1973 off and on and have never dug a morgan dollar!!!

Great find and hope ya have many more ,,,

Thanks for sharing ,,,

arthur

ATC1997

Jul 25, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bullseye II PP, Sniper Coil, 9 x 12" Coil, 6.5 x 9" Coil
Absolutely astonishing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread