The Safari is Rockin! Silver, buffs, jewelry & more!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari is Rockin! Silver, buffs, jewelry & more!!!

Hey fellow MD'ing addicts :laughing7: Haven't been able to post in a few days. Finally able to check in and see some of the awesome finds you guys have made. Keep up the super work :headbang:

Anyways, I am reaaaaaally starting to come along with the Safari. I still wave a long ways to go of course, however, I am making strides. Glad I hung in there. When I first got my Safari only 2 short months ago, I didn't know what to make of all the strange new sounds it was giving me. Compared to my old MXT, it was like going from the Flinstones to the Jetsons in terms of technology. But, I read, asked questions, read some more and think I have a good handle on it.

I haven't hit anywheres old or special, just parks local to me due to work and time demands. But, here's the thing...Seems I am pulling up oldies ANYWHERE I go :laughing7: Is it the power of the Minelab, or, just that I have been hitting the dirt extra hard lately? Honestly, I'd have to say a little of both. There IS however no denying that the Safari is one powerful machine. Specifically in terms of coins (and especially silver), which it hits MIGHTY hard on.

The finds below represent my last 2 hunts. Not bad for just wandering around aimlessly and seeing what turns up.

2 buffs found at an old campground - a 1925 & the other date is illegible.

1 Merc - 1941

1 Silver Rosie - 1964

A cool Serenity prayer coin - quite large. When I first spied it in the hole, I thought I had something MUCH more special :tongue3:

A St. Christopher medallion

And my most hilarious find in a while, a shot glass (laying on top of ground) with a pretty funny logo on the side :laughing7:

Thanks for looking :notworthy: Be well...

Attachments

• Two Buffs.jpg
    Two Buffs.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 442
  • 1941 Merc.jpg
    1941 Merc.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 442
  • New 1964 Dime.jpg
    New 1964 Dime.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 446
  • Serenity Prayer Coin Obverse.jpg
    Serenity Prayer Coin Obverse.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 459
  • Serenity Prayer Coin Reverse.jpg
    Serenity Prayer Coin Reverse.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 454
  • St.jpg
    St.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 437
  • Funny Shot.jpg
    Funny Shot.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

whatthe

May 24, 2010
Re: The Safari is Rockin! Silver, buffs, jewelry & more!!!

Nice finds... I like the shot glass!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well im glad to see u are finding them buffs!!!! it looks like all them tips i passed on to u are working :icon_thumleft: i spend lots more time in all J mode now. use that after i clean up all the other goodies at my many sites, and still find good stuff!! and nice score on the silver and other stuff to ;D MR TUFF

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matter of fact, YES, mr. tuff. The advice you gave me has been very helpful. Basically, I'm just trying to dig all good, clean, repeatable signals I get. Just so I can see what's what and get used to the tones.
I will say this though, the VDI screen on the Safari is amazingly accurate on coins. The buffs normally come in at 17, but, they've also come in between 15 and 18 or 19. I ALWAYS dig that range anyhow since all those gold rings tend to fall in there :laughing7: Thanks for the advice again :notworthy:

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread